Zark.. Is it done in mid-air?

I know is "For your eyes only" subject, but I will give you a hint...What do you think KC-10s and KC-135s are used for???...air refueling???....Nooooo....every body wants them becouse they have the biggest ..."tool" around...and something else, the Russians are doing it all the time...Think of the S-37 Berkut.... The father is an F-111 and the mother a Su-27....and what about all these Su-27 derivatives, Su-30..32...33...34...35...37 and so on...Smart breading my friend...

What is that part for?

63.jpg

This is a device that was rapid prototyped and tested at Nellis AFB to do the following:

It emits an electronic countermeasures signal that makes the F-22 look like (on radar) either an F-5, F-16, Mig-29, SU-27(35) or an F-15 (on radar only of course) depending on the mission and loadout being flown. The F-22 can eseentially fly into foreign territory under it's own radar signature and then when it gets in the right spot, it executes the change from F-22 to whatever type it needs and can blend in with the local air force. This is strictly a night-used device only. It can also receive deceptive jamming signals and emit the decrypted IFF code back to the 'enemy' radar operator station.

It is in Aviation Weekly & Space Technology. April 5, 2009 edition.

This is all supposed to be a big secret, but "come on!".............I know a guy that sleeps with a gal (Lt Col. "S") that works with this stuff.

This is a device that was rapid prototyped and tested at Nellis AFB to do the following:

It emits an electronic countermeasures signal that makes the F-22 look like (on radar) either an F-5, F-16, Mig-29, SU-27(35) or an F-15 (on radar only of course) depending on the mission and loadout being flown. The F-22 can eseentially fly into foreign territory under it's own radar signature and then when it gets in the right spot, it executes the change from F-22 to whatever type it needs and can blend in with the local air force. This is strictly a night-used device only. It can also receive deceptive jamming signals and emit the decrypted IFF code back to the 'enemy' radar operator station.

This is all supposed to be a big secret, but "come on!".............I know a guy that sleeps with a gal (Lt Col. "S") that works with this stuff.

I still prefer the beer can idea...

Makes sense, thanks for the info.

Ok...makes sense to me to a certain point. What I don't understand is why the Air Force made such a huge investment in a device that mainly carries and pours beer. I'm thinking it was an idea of the tree-huggers in DC to "reach out" to our enemy brethern. They had to have SOME sort of say-so in the F-22 manufacture. Right?

The fact that it's a "night only" device proves that it's to be used at party time.

Edited by pminer
Makes sense, thanks for the info.

Or...........

I could just be full of sh*t!

How many of you out there bought off on my explanation? Come on!!!

It sounded pretty darn good didn't it?!!!!

I had to do it.

; )

Or...........

I had to do it.

; )

The part about it looking like another kind of aircraft is kinda true.

I am in the same thought as Mark to what it is, Luneburg lens/corner reflector. F-117 and others used/use them as well, F-117s had the boxes on the fuselage sides behind the national insignias. No electronics needed to plug in, just bolt-on and unbolt as needed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luneberg_lens

More information than you ever need to know!!

Mark

Edited by Wayne S
Or...........

I had to do it.

; )

LOL!!....I love it. That was pretty good. Wasn't sure if you were full of $*!t or not.....But most likely...yes. LOL!

Very unfunny!

There is actually some truth to it, but I had to add the sudo-retract to save my caboose from getting a visit from the State Department.

Yes, it is a bolt on emitter of sorts. It even has it's own power supply............a little lithium battery about the size of a dime.

How come others saw the humor in it but not Thunderhead7?

Thunderhead7 will be the one that probably figures out what it is based on my clues I gave.