VAQ-136 Sunny Tail Prowler

My sincere thanks for your kind compliment, guys. U make me a very happy man :worship::worship:

Outstanding Chris!! :thumbsup:

Now.... what´s next?

Hi Janne, my next build....i am just "keeping warm" and went back to work on some of my OOB stuffs. In the mean time, always dreaming of another mega project...don we all have one :shoot:

Fantastic Job , especially i fall in love with chains , are you used a kit or its home made scale chains ?

The scale chain comes from a japanese brand meant for naval subjects...Flightdeck accessories actually came with chains but it's alittle overscaled IMHO.

That's a great looking model in everyway.! Thanks for sharing with us. May I also compliment you on the quality of your photos. I wish more modelers on this forum would improve their photography. Well done sir!!! :thumbsup:

Jerry

Hi Jerry, tat's an unusual/unexpected compliment...for the photography, tat is...Thanks! :worship:

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi redflag, i`ve just finished lerning from the in progress topic you did about this article and after an hour and a half astonishing with the pictures I`ve decided that i have to start with a prowler right now, i have two of them, the old and ugly airfix and the better looking revell-monogram like yours, but now i have the advantage of the new kinetic outstanding model, (have you seen it yet?) that you didn`t when you built this marvel, though i confess i don`t believe i will be able to make anything like this, that was the best scale model i`ve ever seen in my entire life, anyways, i will really apreciate your opinion about what i´ll show in this forum when i start my model, all i can say is congratulations, many modelers from all around the world said it before you are great man and i wish someday could do what you do, best regards from Argentina, hope to see a new project from you soon. :worship: :( :worship::thumbsup:

brilliant.... i love the prowler (dont ask why, I have no idea) and this is a first-rate example of one.... will have to look at the WIP to pick tips up for my general modelling

Hi redflag, i`ve just finished lerning from the in progress topic you did about this article and after an hour and a half astonishing with the pictures I`ve decided that i have to start with a prowler right now, i have two of them, the old and ugly airfix and the better looking revell-monogram like yours, but now i have the advantage of the new kinetic outstanding model, (have you seen it yet?) that you didn`t when you built this marvel, though i confess i don`t believe i will be able to make anything like this, that was the best scale model i`ve ever seen in my entire life, anyways, i will really apreciate your opinion about what i´ll show in this forum when i start my model, all i can say is congratulations, many modelers from all around the world said it before you are great man and i wish someday could do what you do, best regards from Argentina, hope to see a new project from you soon.

Hi Miguelgala from Agentina,

Greetings :coolio: Thank u for ur wonderful compliments. i m glad u r starting ur prowler project. It makes me happy to know i can help give alittle inspiration to a fellow modeler from across the world.

Unfortunately i hav yet to hav the opportunity to look at the Kinetic prowler but i m sure it should be more accurate than the monogram/revell or the airfix version. In fact, with the abundant of recently released AM stuffs on the prowler, i personally feel it is never a better time to build the subject b4 it is retired from active service.

Sure i'll be glad to help when u start ur in-progress thread, just drop me a PM :coolio: One note though, regardless of which make u r starting with, please persevere and u will see ur fruit of labour. Good luck and all the best! Cheers!

Chris a.k.a Redflag