Hello boys,

well, the Arctic Viper is just about done, so I've started cutting plastic for the next one-a UAE block 60F 2 seater in 32nd scale. Using the Tamiya kit again...

After learning alot from first my block 42D, and then my block 52D, I've decided to take another stab at making another, better canopy. All of the material you need for the aft canopy rail is right there, you just need to cut it out. Jut like Michelangelo said, the perfect sculpture is inside a block of marble, you just need to remove the right amount of marble:

SDC10523.jpg

SDC10517.jpg

This should look alot like Shimon's canopy from his Sufa, and Stusbkes B model work...They've figured out a better way to do this than I did, so I'm using their technique here for mine-Hopefully I'll have as much success as they did!

Regards,

Pig

watching with glee! my singaporean blk 52+D is stuck at the moment.. i wasted quite a few good vacuform sheets.. i need courage and inspiration to get me going again to that heating stove..

Whoa,.........you're a veritable modelling machine Mr. Fleischmann :thumbsup:

This should be good.

I'll be watching closely just incase Tamiya never bring out a two seat Viper for my HAF bird with CFTs and fat spine..... :monkeydance:

Please feel free to post as many images, details and updates as your spare time allows.

Always a pleasure to follow your stuff Pig. :nanner:

:cheers:

Pete, Here we go again... :wacko: Now, the block 60 that's not USAF jet. Not yet! So what marking are you doing to use? Home made decals I'm thinking? Either way, I'm sure it's going to be an other show stopper... :thumbsup:

Alright, lets go and I'm taking notes.

Mike

Pete, Here we go again... :) Now, the block 60 that's not USAF jet. Not yet! So what marking are you doing to use? Home made decals I'm thinking? Either way, I'm sure it's going to be an other show stopper... :)

Alright, lets go and I'm taking notes.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Markings will be for the UAE. I haven't decided if I'll add the AZANG markings or not....probably not. I've got the Zotz UAE roundels, so no need to create them myself-

Regards,

Pig

Edited by Pete "Pig" Fleischmann
Markings will be for the UAE. I haven't decided if I'll add the AZANG markings or not....probably not. I've got the Zotz UAE roundels, so no need to create them myself-

Regards,

Pig

Is this the sort of like what you're making?....

F-16-60-1.jpg

I took this pic at Nellis about 2 years ago. I can hardly wait to see what you do this time!

Hey Chuck!

Yes! That's it!

Pig

Cool, then here's a couple of close-ups that might help you with the canopy area. It appears that the CFT's have a noticeable gap where they meet the fuselage...

F-16-60-2.jpg

F-16-60-4.jpg

Cool, then here's a couple of close-ups that might help you with the canopy area. It appears that the CFT's have a noticeable gap where they meet the fuselage...

Those are awesome Chuck-Man..I could use more of that! I've only seen one image of the jet with the canopy open, and that was when it was used as a demo jet in India-

Regards,

Pig

Those are awesome Chuck-Man..I could use more of that! I've only seen one image of the jet with the canopy open, and that was when it was used as a demo jet in India-

Regards,

Pig

Sorry, can't help you there since I only took 4-5 pics of this thing. My last one below might help you with the position of that bulbous thingie (radar?) on the top of the radome. From the side it looks like it's directly on the top of it, but you can see that it's shifted slightly over to the port side, probably for the pilot's vision?

F-16-60-3.jpg

.....of course there's a MUCH better pic here from the 'net. Note how that canopy seems to "suck in" slightly at the bottom edge....

DSC01268.JPG

Edited by chuck540z3

I may be wrong, but I believe the gap is an illusion. I saw a thread over in the F-15's about CFT's and one of the guys who worked on them said that it was a thick rubber like gasket, and looking at it, it looks like the same materiel, and possibly shadows.

again I could be wrong, just trying to be helpful

Ric