Welcome to ARC First World War 1 Group Build!!!

The Rules are simple... Any goes as long as it flew during the Great War - 28th June 1915 to 11th November 1918.

The official start date is the 1st July, but since the 28th June 2009 is the 95th Anniversary of the Great War starting, we thought that we would kicking things off early for a mark of respect for all that gave their young life's during the war.

The end date for the Knights of the Sky build is the 1st January 2010.

Any make and scale of kit are permitted. Scratch Building and detailing is permitted.

Use of aftermarket extras (resin/decals etc) are permitted and encouraged.

Only kits that have not been started or part built (25%) after the start date can be entered. I leave this to your discretion but the spirit of the group build is building within the time frame.

Any Questions.... Drop The Mikester or me a PM, or post your question here...

Edited by moeggo

I have one question. I recently attended a fly-in at the nearby Old Kingsbury Aerodrome where they build 100% accurate replicas of WWI aircraft (even down to the original rotary engines). They have just in the past year completed their Fokker Dr.1 Tri-plane, and while this particular plane doesn't abide by rule #1 "Any goes as long as it flew during the Great War"...may I still build it as their aircraft?

Here is a picture of it in case you want to see what it looks like...

OldKingsbury2009082.jpg

SLICK

As long as I build one unstarted kit, is it ok to tag on my partially built Albatros and Sopwith Camel as bonus builds for the purposes of getting me to actually finish them?

As long as I build one unstarted kit, is it ok to tag on my partially built Albatros and Sopwith Camel as bonus builds for the purposes of getting me to actually finish them?

Aaron, no problem. If they're more than 25% along feel free to post progress, they just won't count as "official" entries. If we wind up getting some prizes only official entries will be considered for the prize raffle.

I have one question. I recently attended a fly-in at the nearby Old Kingsbury Aerodrome where they build 100% accurate replicas of WWI aircraft (even down to the original rotary engines). They have just in the past year completed their Fokker Dr.1 Tri-plane, and while this particular plane doesn't abide by rule #1 "Any goes as long as it flew during the Great War"...may I still build it as their aircraft?

If they build 100% accurate replica's, I would doubt they would whack paint scheme on to it. I would say they would painted the aircraft off some reference they have. So I can't see why you can't do it... I bet if you drop them a email, they could tell more about the scheme that they have used...

I would doubt they would whack paint scheme on to it.

On that note, I really like the vibrant schemes on the Great War Aircraft, would an Albatros, with my own vibrant scheme be acceptable? It is a "What-If" but not too far off... ;)

• 3 weeks later...