Nats......lack of interest

I am a bit convcerned about the turnout myself. Has the hotel even come close to selling out? As a vendor, this is concerning to me. It costs a lot to make the trip as well as ship our stuff to sell to you guys and gals. If it ends up being a low attended show it will force me to rethink how many Nats I will vend at, other than western shows in the future.

Cheers

Mike

Mike, to allay your fears and those of others, it may be quiet but we are over our quota for hotel rooms, and we set the quota higher than in 1997, so we expect a fine turnout. We have heard a lot of people who are coming in a day at a time, so business will be brisk and as Jason said elsewhere, we have added vendor rooms for more vendors.

We look forward to seeing you there.

Graham

Not wanting to pile on, but I am eager to have the seminars listed.

I think the $18 parking is for valet service, believe it's $12 for self service but have been wrong once or twice...in the past hour alone.

Not wanting to pile on, but I am eager to have the seminars listed.

I think the $18 parking is for valet service, believe it's $12 for self service but have been wrong once or twice...in the past hour alone.

The last time I called its $23.00 a day valet parking at the hotel, $12.00 if you do it yourself...4x$11.00 smackers is models as far as I'm concerned.....that and I don't like people I don't know driving my cars

Can we get an updated vendors list? When I called yesterday to confirm my reservations I was told that parking at the hotel is $18.00.

Mike

Go to the Vendor List thread. There are one or 2 vendors who have canceled from that list but for the most part it has not changed. As soon as I have money and registration forms in my hands from the waiting list vendors I will then update it. I don't have enough time to be constantly updated the list.

The last time I called its $23.00 a day valet parking at the hotel, $12.00 if you do it yourself...4x$11.00 smackers is models as far as I'm concerned.....that and I don't like people I don't know driving my cars

Yea I'll be self-servicing my jeep, extra $11 for the vendors. Anyone comming from OSU area or intrested in the museum on Friday let me know, I'll have space for either 2 normal people or 3 skinny people. Or 5 women in bikinis...

Maybe now that we're close to time thigns will start hyping up some.

registration troubles ?

i've send 2 mails at the registration chairman, but got no replies for now ?

i've read about a paypal address to pay the registration fees , is it correct ?

can we send our registrations by email ?

Pat....

registration troubles ?

i've send 2 mails at the registration chairman, but got no replies for now ?

i've read about a paypal address to pay the registration fees , is it correct ?

can we send our registrations by email ?

Pat....

See?...it's BS like this that's got me scratchin' my head. What's goin' on??????

I'll be there....if it makes you feel any better.

However, I have noticed that there hasn't been much "publicity" for the convention.

Perhaps the leadership in the club thought that the AF museum in Dayton would sell the show itself. It did for me as this will be the first Nats I've ever attended. It was a great opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. I also echo the sentiments of the others that it just seems like no one really cares.

That said, I'm still going and nothing short of a family emergency will keep me away. I'm excited.

JED

well, that's not funny...i'm making the way from Belgium just for the show and the Museum visit is a must for us.....but i've made some Nats before ( Orlando/Dallas/Chicago and my last one was Virginia Beach), those where great show, that decide me to do it again......!

everything is booked.......just the registration......!

Pat

TORONTO (or HAMILTON) 2011!!!!!!!!!! :) :woo::woot.gif:

I've seen this little blurb about having the Nationals in Canada a few times. I doubt that's ever going to happen since the nationals are put on by IPMS-USA. But my question is...Is there an IPMS - Canada. You know...a national governing body of IPMS chapters in Canada?

You'd better be careful as there are some 'other' types of bars a few blocks away from the hotel that would more than welcome you in those get ups.

Not that there is anything wrong with it...

All,

Speaking for myself. There has been made mention of doing a "family" vacation, just to be able to make it to the Nationals. Not being able to bring my family along is exactly the reason why I will not be attending this year. My kids will both be back at school. Which the economy is/was a big factor, but the economy was just another brick in the wall after the fact that the contest was schduled so late in August. Cheer!

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

All,

Speaking for myself. There has been made mention of doing a "family" vacation, just to be able to make it to the Nationals. Not being able to bring my family along is exactly the reason why I will not be attending this year. My kids will both be back at school. Which the economy is/was a big factor, but the economy was just another brick in the wall after the fact that the contest was schduled so late in August. Cheer!

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

I was planning on going the whole time and vending. Then I saw the dates. I will have been in school for two weeks by then. Oh well. Rumor has it that Omaha is bidding for 2011 and they will have it in July. Yeah!!!!!

I was planning on going the whole time and vending. Then I saw the dates. I will have been in school for two weeks by then. Oh well. Rumor has it that Omaha is bidding for 2011 and they will have it in July. Yeah!!!!!

Not July, EARLY August as of now so should be before school, etc for most everyone.

Steve. :explode:

I'm curious to see the attendance prior to Friday, considering the school thing for most folks with kids. Been 2001 since I went to a 'Nats, do most vendors setup for the entire show or only weekend crowds?

Edited by metroman