Nats......lack of interest

I'm curious to see the attendance prior to Friday, considering the school thing for most folks with kids. Been 2001 since I went to a 'Nats, do most vendors setup for the entire show or only weekend crowds?

I would like to know as well. I am only planning on showing up to check out the vendors tables, and that opens up Thursday afternoon. Is it the norm for all vendors to be there on the first day, or do more show up on Friday?

I would like to know as well. I am only planning on showing up to check out the vendors tables, and that opens up Thursday afternoon. Is it the norm for all vendors to be there on the first day, or do more show up on Friday?

Most if not all vendors will be there on Wednesday witha few showing up on Thursday. HTH

Mike

I was planning on going the whole time and vending. Then I saw the dates. I will have been in school for two weeks by then. Oh well. Rumor has it that Omaha is bidding for 2011 and they will have it in July. Yeah!!!!!
here are plans to

Not July, EARLY August as of now so should be before school, etc for most everyone.

Steve. :wub:

This is true, we are bidding for the 2011 NATS for early Aug. We have plans to book it at the new Convention Center in Sarpy County next to Cabella's, off of I-80. There are plans to set up something with the Strategic Air and Space Museum.

This is true, we are bidding for the 2011 NATS for early Aug. We have plans to book it at the new Convention Center in Sarpy County next to Cabella's, off of I-80. There are plans to set up something with the Strategic Air and Space Museum.

Hell has just frozen over.

And I may get to go to another US Nationals. Best of luck gentlemen, and I better start building.

Rick L.

Actually, the convention opens its doors at 5pm on Wednesday and the vendors set up during the day on Wednesday. At least the larger ones will. From the room count that we have so far, almost as many rooms are booked for Wednesday night as they are for the later days. Of course that does not reflect the walk-ins, or though staying elsewhere.

Graham

Actually, the convention opens its doors at 5pm on Wednesday and the vendors set up during the day on Wednesday. At least the larger ones will. From the room count that we have so far, almost as many rooms are booked for Wednesday night as they are for the later days. Of course that does not reflect the walk-ins, or though staying elsewhere.

Graham

Thanks for the info, but now I am a little more confused. The schedule on the convention website lists the Vendor and Display rooms open at 2:00pm on Wednesday. Nothing is listed as opening at 5:00pm. Since the website says 'tentative' schedule, have these times been changed? Thanks for the info. I just want to be sure that I don't show up 3 hours before I can actually get in to the vendor rooms.

Bitburg Mike, thanks for the info. I typed Thursday instead of Wednesday, but you set me straight.

Edited by JasonB
Thanks for the info, but now I am a little more confused. The schedule on the convention website lists the Vendor and Display rooms open at 2:00pm on Wednesday. Nothing is listed as opening at 5:00pm. Since the website says 'tentative' schedule, have these times been changed? Thanks for the info. I just want to be sure that I don't show up 3 hours before I can actually get in to the vendor rooms.

Bitburg Mike, thanks for the info. I typed Thursday instead of Wednesday, but you set me straight.

Jason

I am guessing the room opens at noon on Wednesday. Most Nats I have been to and the several I have vended at have been a mad rush Wednesday moring to get set up and ready for the doors to open at noon. I think the room is open 12-5 wednesday if I am not mistaken.

Cheers

Mike

Jason

I am guessing the room opens at noon on Wednesday. Most Nats I have been to and the several I have vended at have been a mad rush Wednesday moring to get set up and ready for the doors to open at noon. I think the room is open 12-5 wednesday if I am not mistaken.

Cheers

Mike

Thanks Mike,

Hopefully some clarification will be forthcoming from one of the event organizers. Being 2 hours late might be worse than being 3 hours early!

Cheers

Jason

Thanks Mike,

Hopefully some clarification will be forthcoming from one of the event organizers. Being 2 hours late might be worse than being 3 hours early!

Cheers

Jason

Hopefully.......clarification.....event organizers??? We don't even know if we're getting registered

The last time I called its $23.00 a day valet parking at the hotel, $12.00 if you do it yourself...

Hard to get a straight answer - I thought parking at the hotel was VALET ONLY (for $23/day), and if you wanted to self park for $12/day, you'd have to "go down the street". Could one of the Columbus boys straighten me out, please?

Gene K

I think Nats will be great. The chatter just isn't what it was last year, but thats not always a bad thing. I think people didn't believe the economy would still be this bad and things are tight. I am sure in the end we will all be praising the Columbus club for another good show.

One should consider the fact to that they have the same problem most clubs who do shows have. 80% of the work being done by 10% of the members. Our club is that way this year with our show. Its hard for the guys who are doing the work to feel real chippy about anything dealing with Nats. at this point. With a month to go I am sure it has become a second job for them.

I wouldn't sweat the lack of chatter much. Heck, just look at the chatter this topic has generated.

Jeff

sure it's going to me a great meeting.....we need plastics all over the tables !!!

anyway....same problems everywhere in the hobby......still difficult to gather enough volunteers all over a year for such a task !

Pat