If I use Blue Tac (or more like that blue stuff you hang posters with) to mask off the gray from the OD on my C-47 and leave it on for a few days till I get around to painting,will it leave any nasty residue on the the gray I already sprayed?

If I use Blue Tac (or more like that blue stuff you hang posters with) to mask off the gray from the OD on my C-47 and leave it on for a few days till I get around to painting,will it leave any nasty residue on the the gray I already sprayed?

I don't think so. I recently used a thin bead of blue tac to temporarily attach an F-86 canopy while I painted the exterior airframe. The canopy was held in place like this for well over a week. When I popped the canopy off there were gooey bits of blue tac stuck here and there, but I simply dabbed at them with a another small wad of blue tac on a toothpick and it all came off.

It could...dust the area with a little future to protect the paint. I've seen blue tac affect tamiya flat paints. I would try to minimize how long you leave it on just to be on the safe side.

If you handle the blue-tac too much you'll transfer skin oils onto it, that can leave a mark on the paint I've found...

Mike

Mike is right. The solution is to simply wash your hands before using the blue-tac.

:salute:

Mike

To add to what others have already said, I've used the blue-tac on several planes I've built and the only times it has left anykind of mark was when I was using Tamiya flat acrylics. Whenever I used the stuff over Gunze Mr. Gunze Gloss or Semi-gloss colors I've had no problem.