I'm for anything 213 in aftermarket - from their Banshee days up to right now...full color AND low viz.

As it is, if you want a 1/48 Tomcat in anything more than high-viz 200, 201, or 213 as an F-14D or a Rhino as anything other than high viz 200 (and that baby-blue abomination doesn't count), you have what...the Italeri kit decals for the VF-213 F-4J and F-14A?

Aside from some Hasegawa 1/72 kit F-4J and last-cruise F-14D decals, I'm not sure of anything (other than the usual 200, 201, or 213 as an F-14D) in aftermarket for the Blacklions.

And even in 1/144 - aftermarket gets you the Baby Blue Abomination (BBA) and the low-viz decals in the Dragon set of Blacklions Rhinos are wrong and the high-viz is once again the BBA.

I think there are aftermarket decals for a 1/32 VF-213 F-4J...but that's all I'm aware of. There could be more for F-14s.

If you' need popularity to motivate sales...just slap ANOTHER Jolly Rogers scheme on the same sheet as some 213 schemes and you'd be sure to sell them :salute: And then I'll trade all you JR fans my set of JR decals for the 213 decals you don't use :salute:

Edited by SamuraiPaddler

likewise I'm not sure why there has been so much hesitation to do 213 decals (or for those who might have them made up already, SELLING the darn things), they were every bit as important to the last cruise as 31 was. I *know* references are out there, the last cruise jets were photographed ad nauseum all across the globe (although I have heard of one or two companies having issues with the squadrons getting them photos). The last dedicated VF-213 sheet we saw was the TB "rampant lions over afghanistan", which is several years out of print.

I have walk arounds of Lion 213, 201, and the infamous 204 that were taken 3 days after the fly in.

Only problem is they are in 4x6 prints.

I keep promissing Brian I'll send them to him to scan, but it keeps slipping my mind.