Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks Dave/Mike/Slick :thumbsup:

It's buttoned up, filled and sanded, primed and given a coat of Buff. The oil's are sponged on using make-up

sponges donated by SWMBO. For the panel lines, I used pieces of tape along the lines that were un-done as

I moved from front to back as tape on top of any fresh oil would not work. This left a little bit of buildup in the panel

lines without going totally overboard (I hope :pray:)

First shots are with primer/buff/oil





and this is after a spray of Tamiya Clear Yellow....upper portion of fuselage is only sitting in place






On to making some tiny buckles to help with the rigging. Thanks for looking


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the kind words guys! :cheers: There's still more that can go wrong :rofl:

I tried making turnbuckles using the thinnest wire I had and they looked just too big to me.

So I Googled 'Bobs Buckles' because I have heard them mentioned here and at the

Aerodrome and got some made by Bob and shipped over here. I just got them today

which is super-fast considering the trans-Atlantic trip they had to make

Am I ever glad I turned to Bob!...take a look at the difference


My example is the red one on the left if you weren't certain :doh:

So now I have no excuse but to plod on... :unsure:

Link to post
Share on other sites


Very AWESOME...inspiring stirring stuff from you..


Love the ALBATROSS and the way you have managed to get the wood grain effect....STUNNING... :D :tease:

you deserve the accolades..

HOLMES :cheers:

Edited by HOLMES
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

HOLMES...you're too kind..thanks for the kind words and inspiration :cheers:

Getting the under-carriage and the wing on is a little tricky in this kit. You really need a third hand to line every thing up while

gluing. As a result I kinda botched the under-carriage....I have it cocked on a bit of an angle....my cure is to photograph it

away from that angle and it's not as obvious :whistle:. Rigging takes some getting used to. I used .003 EZ_Line which seems a little small

in scale to the box-art at least. The box-art makes the rigging look the thickness of pool cues in comparison. But the holes on

Bob's buckles in 1:32 are quite petite ...I really don't think I could have gotten anything thicker through the buckle holes.







Still need to put the control surfaces (rudder/ailerons) and their cables on as well as a camo touchup, gloss/decal

exercise and the prop and I can almost put this baby on the shelf and move on to DOTR-2

Thanks for looking


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Greg, Mike thanks for the kind words :woot.gif:. I'm here to say this one is finally done. The under-carriage is still tilted but hopefully it

doesn't show up too badly in the pics





Thanks for following along....see everybody over in the DOTR-2 GB


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...