I would like to join this GB with a RAF bomber. It has to be a plane from Bomber Command (WW-2 is my thing)as it will also be an entry for a "Bomber Command" groupbuild on the site Britmodeller.

I know Matchbox made the Wellington,Halifax and Lancaster. Are their any more kits that served with BC ?

Just found this site with a list of all the Matchbox kits...

http://www.matchboxkits.org/index.php?cPat...v0cfhf6c9pel2b3

Did any of the US build planes serve with BC and do those kits have RAF decals too ?

Edited by erwin
I would like to join this GB with a RAF bomber. It has to be a plane from Bomber Command (WW-2 is my thing)as it will also be an entry for a "Bomber Command" groupbuild on the site Britmodeller.

I know Matchbox made the Wellington,Halifax and Lancaster. Are their any more kits that served with BC ?

Just found this site with a list of all the Matchbox kits...

http://www.matchboxkits.org/index.php?cPat...v0cfhf6c9pel2b3

Did any of the US build planes serve with BC and do those kits have RAF decals too ?

Hi Erwin, We would all be glad to see you build a Matchbox kit with this group build.

However it's not really in the spirit of things to put the same build on 2 different sites, and be eligible for a prize on each.

To widen your selection, I think the Matchbox Mosquito could have been Bomber Command, possibly the Wellesley,

and as for the US - check the Boston IV.

Erwin,

now confirmed we are happy to have you, we will just rule you out of any prize drawing if thats ok.

Thanks

Julien

Or I will just build another Matchbox kit here and the Wellington on Britmodeller.

now confirmed we are happy to have you, we will just rule you out of any prize drawing if thats ok.

That being the case, then you need to exclude me as well.

peebeep

I don't know how I missed this one! ;)

Can I join in with this trio I have just started working on - actually the P40 had the wings glued on sometime in the mid 1980's but nothing else. Is that ok Mods?

Scrap.jpg

Forgot to say the Spitfires are both PK50 and the P40N PK31. I can't use the kit decals so will do the P40 as a Soviet Naval aviation example. The Spitfires should become a South African Mk IXe and Greek Mk XIV bird. At least thats the plan. :doh:

Edited by old_Tonto

Hi all, I'd like to jump in for this as well.

Primary contribution: 1/72 JU-87D, OOB with the whopping great big guns under the wings, repeating a build I did in ooh 1983 or so as a seven year old.

Secondary contribution (time dependent): 1/72 BF-109E

Tertiary contribution (willpower / sanity dependent): 1/32 Lysander that I started last year, got as far as trying to install the landing lights in the wheel spats before running shrieking from the room in despair........

NB, my local nationals are coming up, so probably won't start building for this until after that in the first week of september.

Edited by Mumbles

I'm going to see if i can complete a second - the Norseman I won in last years raffle, going to try a quick OOB B)

Will do the civilian version - will be the first non-military model in my cabinet :o

I'm going to see if i can complete a second - the Norseman I won in last years raffle, going to try a quick OOB :nanner:

Will do the civilian version - will be the first non-military model in my cabinet :o

Excellent!

Julien