Finished

Final0005.jpg

Nice! :thumbsup: Will be great inspiration for my build of the same thing when I get around to it.

Mental note: must thin intake leading edges........:whistle: I just had a look at my 80's vintage single seater and the lips are just as thick on that as well, not surprisingly given they are probably the same mould.

Nice job Thommo, looks like an OCU Mirage to me, spent quite a few hours turning spanners on that jet! :)

:thumbsup:

hey Ray - is this you turning a spanner (well a long screwdriver actually) on a Mirage?

RayMirage.jpg

Edited by Thommo
hey Ray - is this you turning a spanner (well a long screwdriver actually) on a Mirage?

Bit before my time Thommo, and I was not a RADTECH, I was an INSTFITT and this is me checking a fuse on a trip to NZ back in 87. We were there for the RNZAF 50th Anniversary air shows.

And the jet was A3-33, the only grey jet we took on the push.

RayNZ1987.jpg

Sorry about the quality, scanner is not working so I took a picture of a picture :thumbsup:

Great replication Thommo. Amazing job. The detail is awesome. I worked on Mirages with the RAAF for 17 years (of a 21 year career!) in Williamtown, Butterworth and Darwin and served in every Mirage unit except 2OCU.

http://s895.photobucket.com/albums/ac155/droeth/Mirage/

great pics there

did you know Wing Cmder Whitehead? I went to school with his son, they were in Butterworth for a while, he used to tell me stories about filling the bomb-bays of aircraft with rocks & letting them go (while on the ground). Maybe he caused some of your work !

• 1 month later...