This is my third build for this GB

I will be building a SNJ-6 form Revell in 1/48th scale with jap marking. the blues affectionately called her the beetle bomb.

The only pic of it i have are in my BA book in black & white and sketch in color. If anybody as any pics to help me out it would really be appreciated. :thumbsup:

Progress pics comming soon

Enjoy

Neo :thumbsup:

Edited by Neo
  • 2 weeks later...

And im Off!!

here is some progress pic of my snj. I know its a mess on my desk !!!

so far cockpit is done just about to glue the body together.

p1010662o.jpg

p1010663e.jpg

p1010664h.jpg

will keep you guys updated

cheers

Neo

• 2 weeks later...

Good old revell model.... full of gaps and parts that dont fit ..ahhhh you have to love them :soapbox:

here is some progress on my SNJ

p1010668o.jpg

afterbuffing the inside with my dremel this is the best fit i managed

p1010666z.jpg

when trying to add some glue on the underside of the fuselage the 3 lights that are glued from the insede fell in. It took me 3 hours with some tiny tools to put it back into place :wacko:

p10106671.jpg

comment away people !!

cheers

Neo

• 2 weeks later...

Heres a quick update

Flap are painted, wells are almost ready, wings are on and ive finish sanding the half ton of putty.. ! But i have to say im really impressed with the wing /fuselage fit ! no putty required!!

having a little problem with my photo upload so ill post them later

Cheers

Neo

• 2 weeks later...

Here is finally some pics

prime + white base and tonight i dried brushed some black to get all the rivets stand out after the yellow goes on

p1010674o.jpg

p1010675.jpg

p1010676s.jpg

should finish these guys later on tonight still not sure if im going to use then ( positions is 1 in the front cockpit and one climbing in the rear)

p1010677y.jpg

Im still looking for Japanese air force logo (hinamarus) for my 1/48 SNJ build ideally 3/4inch diameter or a brilliant idea to make stencils for paint brush painting!

If any body has some i would really be greatfull

Cheers

Neo

Here is finally some pics

prime + white base and tonight i dried brushed some black to get all the rivets stand out after the yellow goes on

p1010674o.jpg

p1010675.jpg

p1010676s.jpg

should finish these guys later on tonight still not sure if im going to use then ( positions is 1 in the front cockpit and one climbing in the rear)

p1010677y.jpg

Im still looking for Japanese air force logo (hinamarus) for my 1/48 SNJ build ideally 3/4inch diameter or a brilliant idea to make stencils for paint brush painting!

If any body has some i would really be greatfull

Cheers

Neo

I have two sheets of Letraset dry decals with Hinomarus. One has a few 16mm ones with and without white surrounds and the second has 20mm ones but only with the white surrounds. Will this help you?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys

i word YELLOW !! :salute:

here a quick update bottom has 3 coats top has 2 so 1 more on top then a light sand than the final coat followed by a gloss coat

p1010684v.jpg

p1010685x.jpg

p1010683.jpg

i have decided to close the canopy completely with no pilots. might put 1 climbing on at the end but who knows!

Cheers

Neo

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a little update

Geer is on and ive just got the engine and the engine cover on. ive removed the liquid mask from the canopy and i have to say im not satisfied! :thumbsup: It did not come out nicely but i have no intention of redoing it!!! Prop and flaps are going on in a couple of hours

Im going to put a gloss coat on tonight then it up to decals

p1010687s.jpg

Cheers

Neo

FINISHED

all done in this bright color she really stands out parked with my 3 other blue angels!!

Im kinda disapointed of the paint job especially the canopy but its kinda my fault... i applied liquid masking to my canopy before installing in and since this is a revell kit all the fighting to glue it into place damaged the liquid mask and i neglected to redo it before painting. :doh:

As usual this model was had painted with Humbrol paints

p1010693.jpg

p1010696.jpg

p1010698r.jpg

p1010699p.jpg

Big thanks to Derek Moss for giving me the Jap decals use on my SNJ it made all the difference!! :thumbsup:

Cheers

This is Neo signing off on this build :D