For my first entire for the Group Build, I will be building the second release from the newest modeling manufacturer that's based in my home town, Wingnut Wings. I am sure most of you have heard the sudden arrival of them into the modeling world a few months back...

I have started off where the instructions begin, with the cockpit...

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

My attempt of wood finish, method was done by painting the fuselage with Tamiya's XF59 and then sponging on a fine coat of oil paint. Once dry, I used the same oil paint and added the wood grain. Great tip!! Which you can find on the Wingnut Wings website under the LVG Tips.

005.jpg

Close up of the wood grain...

006.jpg

I started working on the Benz Bz IV engine

007.jpg

I also will start applying the Lozenge Decals to the upper wings tonight/tomorrow.

Wow, that is a pretty good paint work there Dave. It look like wood to me and yes, this company has hit us by surprise. Last couple off months ever were I looked people were talking Wing Nut this Wing Nut that. Looking at your photos of the cockpit it looks like it is a good kit. So, keep up the good work.

Mike

Wow, that is a pretty good paint work there Dave. It look like wood to me and yes, this company has hit us by surprise. Last couple off months ever were I looked people were talking Wing Nut this Wing Nut that. Looking at your photos of the cockpit it looks like it is a good kit. So, keep up the good work.

Mike

Nice work Dave :thumbsup: Your cockpit assembly look great... :monkeydance: please don't tell me you are building OOB...

Giles

The detail on that kit is great, that is all OOB?

I hope they start to dabble in the smaller scales once they get established in the model business. I don't believe anyone makes one of these in 1/72 and it is a nice looking plane.

Upper sections of the wings have been covered with Lozenge, took 4 hours just to do this lot... still have the tail section and the lower parts to yet...

008.jpg

Seat has been weathered, really happy with the dirty leather look I got.

009.jpg

Cockpit has been installed and Fuselage half's have been button up

010.jpg

Cylinders have been painted

011.jpg

Nice build so far.

My D VII is on hold till I build a jig to mount the wings.

I have a question about the Lozenge decals, and Wing Nuts instructions.

I noticed the pattern has been run in the same direction on each panel, they should be reversed every other panel, were they pre cut, or just blank sheets?

Eduard has their's pre cut, and they also reversed each sheet. Some my not catch it but once you know of this your eye naturally picks it out.

Wing nuts should have read this tutorial on Lozenge Lozenge 101 great article.

Curt

Edited by Netz

I have painted the wood grain on the fuselage and tail, sorry shots aren't that great the paint is fresh and still wet... I will take a some better ones in the next few days after the oil paint has dried.

014.jpg

013.jpg

012.jpg