small update...

I stripped down the engine and started again...

015.jpg

Added tape wrapping to the inlet manifold by using green 3M 3mm Tape, fine copper wire for the ignition wires and plastic sheet for the triangle plate thingy that the ignition wire runs through...

small update...

015.jpg

Added tape wrapping to the inlet manifold by using green 3M 3mm Tape, fine copper wire for the ignition wires and plastic sheet for the triangle plate thingy that the ignition wire runs through... I will post some better pictures tomorrow.

Edited by moeggo
small update...

Added tape wrapping to the inlet manifold by using green 3M 3mm Tape, fine copper wire for the ignition wires and plastic sheet for the triangle plate thingy that the ignition wire runs through... I will post some better pictures tomorrow.

That looks amazing!!!! The tape is a great touch...

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't done a update for a little while...

I have been trying to get a few things done for the NZ Nationals that is on the 5-6th Sept. Been busy with mounting a P-47 to a base and tried to paint a figure for it... Finishing off a P-51D also trying to finish the LVG at the same time! And I still have to mount and make a base for a Tiger Tank and a Bf 109.... And there's only two weeks to go, but I'm looking to get everything done! Fingers crossed!

I had a few set backs since the last post... I had to repaint the fuselage a couple of times from me stuffing it up, and now I am doing the prototype scheme... It seems everyone is doing the same 3-4 schemes, so I am going to be different! There's not many photos at the moment. I will take some more soon!

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

Edited by moeggo

Well here are more pictures as promised - wings on and decaling are done! Now the rigging....... Once thats done, just a couple of touch ups and then just need to paint the airscrew and she will be done! And in time for the New Zealand Nationals! if all goes well....

Straight after the decaling...

020.jpg

Taken a few moments ago...

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

Edited by moeggo
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, I have been a bit lazy since I finished my LVG... Haven't taken any completed photos yet, due to having family visiting and staying with us from England for a couple of weeks... but here are couple of shots that were emailed to me from the New Zealand IPMS Nationals and Scale Models Expo...

I got a Highly Commended for it... First place when to Jamo's outstanding LVG

768.jpg

769.jpg

770.jpg

I will take some photos later and post them...

I did really enjoy my first WW1 Biplane build... Learn't a lot of new modeling skills, rigging, painting wood grain and airscrews! I am planning to do the Junkers next...

But I will think I will build something a bit modern next!!!

• 1 month later...