dont see too many of these built up.

And it's such an elegant airframe, too!

Ok here goes, interior bits assembled and blasted with paint:

02.jpg

Very little to see from the outside so lets fix it together:

03.jpg

No filler to the fuselage but a quick go over with some sanding sticks. The windows were either proud or not flush at all, so they were either sanded back and polished or filled up with copious quantities of Klear. The wings go together OK but my sample is short shot on the fairing to the starboard wing so there will be some tricky filling. The wing fuselage joints have been fettled but will require some filling treatment.

peebeep

Main components together. Not the best fitting kit Matchbox did and the wing fuselage joints need fettling prior to and after attachement.

04.jpg

The centre section needs some cleaning up, but I haven't sorted that completely yet.

peebeep

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I did some work on this build whilst away on hols, then it got sidelined for a bit, then it was all finished in a rush for the Avon show!

I started the paint whilst away, spraying one colour, masking up and working progressively until it was all done:

06.jpg

After removing the masking:

07.jpg

There was quite a bit of tidying up to do with both airbrush and paintbrush in order to move it along. The U/C was a pain, just didn't want to fit and there are no positive locations to help. The door/strut braces work out in different places on each side, so don't look too close:

09.jpg

11.jpg

I'll post some more in the gallery, otherwise that is all for this one!

peebeep