Here's the kit I'll be building..

2009_07050035.jpg

and this is the scheme I'll be doing..

2009_07050036.jpg

and this is the contents of the box (with some of the parts removed and cleaned up), I'll also be using the Eduard photo-etched French WW1 seatbelts

2009_07050039.jpg

This build marks a number of firsts for me, it'll my first biplane since I was a kid, my first entry in a group build and my first in-progress build. Anyway looking forward to getting into this and thanks to Old Man for the reference info.

Nick

Started work on the Nieuport now and as usual beginning in the cockpit.

First of all the seat. The seat provided by Eduard is a solid piece of plastic when it should have a perforated back. I cut a new seat back from plasticard and then added the perforations with a punch and die set. The seat bottom was removed from the kit part and the new back added.

2009_07110034.jpg

and the finished seat

2009_07110036.jpg

Looking through the reference photos it shows that the cockpit floor is not the solid floor depicted in the kit.

2009_07110038.jpg

So i've modified the kit part by removing the areas where you should be able to see through to the bottom of the plane.

2009_07110039.jpg

Hopefully, tomorrow I can get some paint on it and begin adding the wood grain.

Nick

• 2 months later...

Not had enough time as I would like on this, however I've managed to get the interior painted.

2009_09210012.jpg

I've also had to mess about with the engine. The exhaust pipes were on the front of the engine instead of the back, so I've cut off the original pipes and added new ones out of wire in the correct positions.

Hopefully I can get the fuselage together and the lower wing on this week. It is getting there, just very very slowly.

Nick

• 4 weeks later...

I've now got the fuselage together and added some additional detailing to the centre section cut-out of the upper wing.

2009_10180011.jpg

The undercoat is now on and I'll start the painting proper this week.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the progress so far, most of the sub-assemblies are together and painted. Decals have also started going down.

2009_11010002.jpg

I've also used the PART PE set to add some extra detail to the machine gun.

Hope to get a bit more done this week.

Nick

• 3 weeks later...
Love the engine as shown there... :thumbsup:

Good work so far... :whistle:

Thanks for the comments.

There's been a bit of a hold up as I've had to get hold of some french roundel blue paint as the decals didn't really sit very well around the edges of the rudder. Anyway the paints gone on tonight and I'm just about to start on the wood grain for the struts and the propeller which only leaves the tyres and the machine gun to paint before assembly and rigging.

Nick

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...