Eduard Bristol "The Crocodile"

Hi Jeff,

I am using lycra thread which is a product from Aeroclub, its great as its flexible and allows handling of the model without

too much drama, normally I'd just drill through the wings and thread it through (as the Felixstowe below), but this time I have

used turn buckles.......starting to wish I had'nt !

008-1.jpg

Thanks Jono...do tell us more about your turn-buckles. Are you using pre-manufactured ones or making your own out of

(stiff) fine wire? I was thinking of trying the latter method myself but afraid of either making the turn-buckles so large they

look out of scale or too small as to make them un-usable.

Hi Jeff,

I am using "Bobs Buckles", Bob, is a member over on Britmodeller and sells his home made TurnBuckles. They are twisted wire, and very fine

they are too, and designed to be used with fishing line. Lycra thread has a slightly flat cross section so is not ideal to be pushed into a tiny

round hole, but its catch 22, I prefer to use lycra over fishing line as there is alot more flexabilty afterwards and during construction, for example

I shall rig the rest of the bristol before the outer wing struts go in place and simply push the struts in after the rigging is complete, the lycra

will stretch

SO you built this in 4 weeks, that's some kind of record at my house.

My D VII has been sitting since august, stressing over how to attach the upper wing, and get it straight.

Nice Job.

Curt

SO you built this in 4 weeks, that's some kind of record at my house.

My D VII has been sitting since august, stressing over how to attach the upper wing, and get it straight.

Nice Job.

Curt

Hi Netz,

Yes, this has been a quick build, but simply for the fortune or mis-fortune of having been signed off sick from work and confined to the house for 3 weeks !

Its been great therapy though, as I have said previous, this is my first completed build in a long long time. I think, as modellers, we often strive for perfection rather than striving just to complete the lump of plastic in front of us, and, because of that, we create our own stresses rather than just sticking

the two pieces of plastic in front of us together which is the solution to our problem ! Get that Fokker out , glue on the outer wing struts and if it looks true it will be !

Once again, thanks for all the kind words guys, it has been appreciated and encouraging........right, whats next ? an Eduard DH2 or do I wait for my Koster Siemens to turn up in the post !?

Kind regards

Jono

• 2 months later...
Just saw this build and I don't know how I missed it. Jono you did an awesome job on it. A quick question - did you painted the nose art as well or was it a decal? TIA.

Mike

Hi youngtiger, sorry for the late reply, the nose art is decal, thankfully Eduard decals are always pretty good so it settled down well and then just a bit of trimming to get it neat and tidy

regards

jono

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...