I just ordered this kit and wonering if anyones built one yet or working on one and can give some heads about to any issues? I have some left over 1/72nd scale bits & pieces from a junked Revell PT-Boat and thinking about building it up as the SC 412 or SC 437 during WWW 2 service.

I have this kit in my stache, not knowing when I'll ever get around to it. One thing I need to mention to you. For years everyone complained about the hull number being raised detail. Turns out these numbers were built up using wooden planks, thus having them raised proud of the hull surface is correct. Other than that, and the fact that the kit is basically 1960s (originally ITC), it should result in a nice model, and good luck to you with it. Hal Sr

• 3 weeks later...
I just ordered this kit and wonering if anyones built one yet or working on one and can give some heads about to any issues? I have some left over 1/72nd scale bits & pieces from a junked Revell PT-Boat and thinking about building it up as the SC 412 or SC 437 during WWW 2 service.

The problem you'll have using this kit to depict a WW2 subchaser is that the kit represents a WW1 subchaser, none of which were left around to serve in WW2. The subchasers from WW1 and WW2 were different animals.

The problem you'll have using this kit to depict a WW2 subchaser is that the kit represents a WW1 subchaser, none of which were left around to serve in WW2. The subchasers from WW1 and WW2 were different animals.

Several were still in service when the US entered the war and atleast two, the 412 & 437 served actively until the summer of 1945, in fact Navsource has a pic of the 412 in its WW2 configuration. Also, four were turned over to the USCG who used them to patrol the Gulf of Mexico, operating out of New Orleans I believe.

Edited by afspret