New Decals from Wolfpak

Gents:

Two new sheets from Wolfpak Decals:

Sheet 72-017: WC-130J Hurricane Hunter, F-18C VFA-131, NEA-18G Growler of VX-31, F-15E of the 333rd FS, 4th FW,nd an A-10C of the 107th FS, 127th FW, Selfridge AFB and a C-141A from the 438th AW McGuire AFB with an experimental paint scheme.

Sheet 72-018: F-16CG of the 18th FS (2 serial options), F-16CJ or DJ of the 157th FS, 169th FW South Carolina Air Guard. This subject comes with travel pod markings and I'll update the instructions before printing. A-10A of the 303rd FS, 442nd FW, Bagram AFB, spring 2008. Helicopters: an AH-1F named Sand Shark, the South Carolina AH-64A with Helevitica font lettering, and a CIA Mi-17. AC-130H with noseart, an E-8A from Desert Storm, and a C-141B SOLL II.

The website will be updated and the sheets will be on sale on Thursday July 9, 2009.

Mark

ColorInstructions72-017.jpg

ColorInstructions72-018.jpg

Gents:

Two new sheets from Wolfpak Decals:

Sheet 72-017: WC-130J Hurricane Hunter, F-18C VFA-131, NEA-18G Growler of VX-31, F-15E of the 333rd FS, 4th FW,nd an A-10C of the 107th FS, 127th FW, Selfridge AFB and a C-141A from the 438th AW McGuire AFB with an experimental paint scheme.

Sheet 72-018: F-16CG of the 18th FS (2 serial options), F-16CJ or DJ of the 157th FS, 169th FW South Carolina Air Guard. This subject comes with travel pod markings and I'll update the instructions before printing. A-10A of the 303rd FS, 442nd FW, Bagram AFB, spring 2008. Helicopters: an AH-1F named Sand Shark, the South Carolina AH-64A with Helevitica font lettering, and a CIA Mi-17. AC-130H with noseart, an E-8A from Desert Storm, and a C-141B SOLL II.

The website will be updated and the sheets will be on sale on Thursday July 9, 2009.

Mark

ColorInstructions72-017.jpg

ColorInstructions72-018.jpg

Cool. How do I get an E-8?

Steve.

Cool. How do I get an E-8?

Steve.

By using the Flightpath conversion set.

Oh, and could you edit your post so that the pics will not be quoted?. It's not very usefull and people with a slow connection have to wait extra long to see the same pics twice :whistle:

Anigrand's C-141 is all I could find, and god knows they charge an arm and a leg for their stuff. No wonder there isn't anything out there.

Still though, it is nice to see it done.

Edited by Dez

Gents:

Thanks for the kind words. Although Anagrand kits are pricey thought those of you who do buy them would like to have a choice in decals. For the C-141B only those markings for the specific aircraft are on the sheet. You'll need to source the "U.S. Air Force", US Flag, and national insignia from the kit. If I have room after doing at least five subjects and find an interesting subject for a limited production kit I'll do it. BTW back in the early 80's Nova did nice vacu-form C-141's. Have one A and B still sitting on the build pile.

Mark

By using the Flightpath conversion set.

It's probably noted in the decal instructions, but for an E-8A of that era the Flightpath conversion doesn't quite cover everything. The two prototypes (86-0416 and 86-0417) were pressed into operational service during Desert Storm, when both still had the Flight Test Data Link (FTDL, or "Fiddle") teardrop antenna on the underside just aft of the wing root (you can see it in the profile drawing). Unfortunately this isn't included in Flightpath's conversion set, which is meant for later E-8A/E-8Cs that didn't have that antenna.

Another note for anyone doing the E-8: Flightpath's conversion suggests using the Heller/Airfix E-3 kit as a basis, but you can save yourself a good deal of work by starting from the 707 kit instead. The JSTARS were all converted from existing airliners, and have quite a few more cabin windows than the AWACS. In fact, looking at the JSTARS aircraft "in the flesh," the windows that were plated over are still very visible, so it would be more accurate to install the airliner's glazing and paint over the redundant windows, rather than cutting/scribing in a few new ones on the AWACS as the Flightpath instructions recommend.

Getting the thread back on topic, Mark - it's great to see subjects like these covered - I've been hoping for aftermarket decals for the JSTARS, Spectre, and the current Swamp Foxes for some time. If you're open to suggestions on future releases, I'd love to see something for the E-8s in later service (93 ACW/116 ACW). I've got reference photos somewhere in my "archives" if needed.

Mark,

Thanks for continuing to produce a fascinating array of decals in 72nd; I'm especially grateful for the two F-16 units covered on sheet -018.

Cheers,

Andrew.

I will definitly be picking up 72-018 for the KC 303rd FS A-10C. I was just gettting ready to start a KC A-10 with the TwoBobs sheet from the 06 Nats. Now I'll a second one to sit next to it. And the F-16 options are awesome too!!!

Thanks for doing modern subjects in 72 scale. With a couple of exceptions its hard to find modern subjects in 72 scale.

Edited by tsculton