Well I just applied the lozenge decals for the underside of the wings. It is odd as they are simply white decals with black lines in the lozenge pattern so I have to paint the color on myself. It seems like a colored decal would have made a lot more sense. I'll post a pic once I have a good start adding color.

Ok, here is the underside of the top wing painted, and the lower wing showing the "paint by numbers" decal. It seems to be working but it is a slow process painting all those little spots.

Fokker2.jpg

Looking good, Aaron. Hand painting that lozenge takes me back to my youth when I went through a WW1 spurt and cranked out a 1/72 kit every week over the summer. Being old and lazy now, I think I'd go with a decal for that!

• 1 month later...

Well its been awhile but I finally got the time to get some work done. I finished painting the lozenge camo, I'll definately go with a pre-colored decal next time. It's starting to look like a plane at least.

I've got something set funky on the camera so the pic is a little off, hopefully I'll get it straightened out for the next pics.

Fokker3.jpg

Edited by Aaronw
  • 1 month later...
Ok, here is the underside of the top wing painted, and the lower wing showing the "paint by numbers" decal. It seems to be working but it is a slow process painting all those little spots.

Fokker2.jpg

Aaron,

Excellent paint work.Love the old school way of applying the camouflage. Great project,you fella's working in 1/72 scale are amazing.

Regards,

Gregory Jouette