Hi guys

I finally can get round to saying a BIG thank you for the prizes both Izzy and me recieved in the gone but not forgotten group build.

028-2.jpg

As you can see was well chuffed, like i mentioned, getting your own post when you are only six is a big deal, hence the box with the filling was nearly as exciting as the kit! We will post pics as she gets round to making it, nearly the summer hols here, so there will be plenty of oppotunity.

I too was v gratefull for the tomcat decals, i was obviously gutted that i had to buy a new 1/48 tomcat to put them on :blink: !

Thanks again, and I am really sorry for the late thank you but, things have been a bit crazy here, my 18 yr old step daughter told me I am going to be grandad next Feb, i will only be 33! Any advice anyone...PLEASE! :cheers:

Thanks chaps, great group build

Tim + Izzy

• 2 weeks later...

Tim, sorry I didn't see this & respond earlier- That picture of Izzy made my day! Well worth the effort & then some- Hope you two have a great time building together...And congrats on becoming a grandpa-to-be. Not yet there myself, but 2 of 3 kids are 'of the age'. I'll be looking for build shots down the road,

... my 18 yr old step daughter told me I am going to be grandad next Feb, i will only be 33! Any advice anyone...PLEASE! :thumbsup:

Thanks chaps, great group build

Tim + Izzy

Yes - enjoy the little one! Being a grandparent has the following advantages:

1: You get to enjoy the good bits, play with their cars, read all the books you read to your children complete with silly "sound effects", and whatever else you enjoy together;

2: You are allowed - nay, required - to give them back to Mum and Dad when they become noisy or smelly.

3: You get to tut about how children today have no idea how to bring up children ...

:D

Advice - most emphatically embrace it, enjoy it, and read this: http://seniorjournal.com/NEWS/Grandparents...nts%20Credo.pdf

Congratulations to all concerned.

Michael (Grandad to 2 so far ...)

PS - why Mildenhall? (I grew up near there)

Edited by MikeC

Hi guys

Thanks for all the kind words and great advice. I am now used to it, though I did get my age wrong, I will only be 32 when the fun begins (what do youknow, Ive had a senior moment already). I plan on taking all the good advice, especially the part where i get to give it back the moment they start sounding like they may need something other than sound aircraft recognition advice! :unsure:

Izzy and I havent managed to do much modelling of late, we are still yet to finish off our display aircraft, maybe this weekend. She has the makings of a true modeller though, as she already wants to start the f-16, whilst she still has two on the go.

Finally, MikeC, my dad used to take me to the air fete's every year from 1989 until the last one ( still not gotten over there no longer being an air fete). It was the best day of the year as far as I was concerned (even christmas). Even though we lived way down on the South coast at the time, I didnt mind the getting up at 'oh my god o'clock' to beat the worst of the traffic, as you were nearly always guaranteed a great show. Pity its gone.

Thanks guys, hopefully I will be able to post some progress pics soon.

All the best

Tim