Another Mirage III topic

• 2 weeks later...

A small progress, i glued back the fins and their fairings, it took much longer to fit them then I expected.

The brake parachute conteiners were made out of leftover sprue:

DSCF6891.JPG

Hallo Ed,

The Mirages are looking good my friend. Looking forward to the final results. Can you please give a bit more detail on the reshaping that you did of the fins. Did you just change the angles and rescribe or did you add some additional plastic?

Thanks my friend,

Cheers,

Piet.

Hi Piet!

I just reshaped them a little with a file, like in the last pic on the previous page.

I added the antennae fairings only after the fins were gued on the fuselage.

• 2 weeks later...

Beautifull and four at the same time!? If you were building Tamiya kits I would understand the choise of four at the same time. But this old revell kits,... sanding scribing, sanding, adding.... you realy must love this plane. I admire you for such an effort! :thumbsup:

Primoz

All have wings and intakes now.

It's very tricky to get the correct angle of the wings on the revell kit. Heller's three piece wing is a dream compared to this one.

DSCF6975.JPG

DSCF6976.JPG

DSCF6977.JPG

DSCF6978.JPG

I think a IIICJ will be joining them soon :)

Thank you Alrite!

My rescribing skills are modest compared to yours...i guess i traded crispness for speed and quantity :rolleyes:)

I decided to do the Finger first, because of the easier camo...all grey.

All the fairings and antennae are now on.

With the exception of instrument panel and ejection seat, it's ready for airbrush...

I also tried the Hi-Planes vacu canopy. It fits quite nicely now but it din require some trimming.

DSCF7326.JPG

Edited by bad edd

The cockpit is done.

DSCF7395.JPG

The vacu canopy is geaving me headaches...first it got fumed inside because of the superglue .

While cleaning the excess putty around i managed to scratch it badly to one side...I polished it but it'll never be as new :wub:

Also, the front side of the canopy makes a funny angle with the fuselage, so i had to fill with a thin strip of plastic and a lot of Mr. Surfacer.

DSCF7401.JPG

Lovely progress, Ed. Your cockpit looks very good, the fine handles for the ejection seat in particular! I hope all turns out well for your canopy; I'm not at all experienced with them and must summon up reserves of courage to even contemplate cutting one to shape!

All the best for your other builds.

Andrew.

The cockpit is done.

DSCF7395.JPG

The vacu canopy is geaving me headaches...first it got fumed inside because of the superglue .

While cleaning the excess putty around i managed to scratch it badly to one side...I polished it but it'll never be as new :D

Also, the front side of the canopy makes a funny angle with the fuselage, so i had to fill with a thin strip of plastic and a lot of Mr. Surfacer.

DSCF7401.JPG

Nice progress, love the cockpit detail, it looks really "3D" and real! The rivets looks awesome too, I forgot to add them to my mirage :yahoo:

I'm sure the canopy will turn out very nicely indeed, it certainly is crystal clear to my eyes!

Out of interest, whats the lump/sensor on the top of the fuselage, aft of the canopy, for?

Edited by alrite