This is my next project. It's an FAA Helcat Mk.I buit from Academy Hellcat F6F-3/5 in 1/72 scale. I will make it OOB with some minor corrections in the ceckpit and motor. For the project I bought Techmod decals No. 72035.

This is my first post here so i I would like to say Hello to everybody!

img4586-medium.jpg

img4587-medium.jpg

img4595-medium.jpg

img4600-medium.jpg

img4604-medium.jpg

This is all for now.

Primoz

Edited by pkrasna

Some progress in cockpit, whitch is almost finished. Interior was painted with Valeyo MODELAIR water based colors. Because it's an figterplane from 1944 i used standard "Interior Green" (FS 32151). The compartment behind the pilot cabin is in "Grumman Gray" (FS36440). Weathering was done with wash (watercolors) and some drybrush.

img4614-medium.jpg

img4611-medium.jpg

img4612-medium.jpg

img4613-medium.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

Primož

• 3 weeks later...
lookin good
Ace! Pretty bird, sir! Love your paint work, too...

Thanks!

A litlle progress was made. I aded some "home made metal decorations" for the cowling.

img4623-medium.jpg

Next on the list are the machine guns and than finaly colors...

And this is all.

Primoz

Yesterdey when I finished painting it, I wasn't satisfied with the green-gray camo. So i did it once again in the morning. This is the result. See for yourself.

img4639-medium.jpg

img4642-medium.jpg

img4645-medium.jpg

Primož

love british colors on a hellcat

Me too :cheers: .

All the parts are now painted. Yesterday I added all the decals and stencils and covered all the parts with gloss finish.

img4646-medium.jpg

img4647-medium.jpg

img4649-medium.jpg

Next time will be all about weathering.

Primož

A litlle kit but a BIG work you have done so far. Camo is just great.

Thanks for kind words.

And now something completely different...

The Hellcat is finaly finished. The kitten was made OOB. I had to change the fuel reservoir (got an old one from italeri kit), because the seam betwen two halves was moulded horizontaly insted of verticaly. Weathering was made with black acrilic dust and filters made with acrilic colors. Great kit and great fun.

img4653-medium.jpg

img4650-medium.jpg

img4651-medium.jpg

img4656-medium.jpg

THE END :woot.gif:

Primož

• 4 weeks later...
Hello, very nice Hellcat. Good markink choice. You wrote, you was not satisfied with the grey-green camo. What did you correct? I can not recognise any mistakes...

The colors were too dark and incorrect. The grey wasn't blueish as it should be and the green was to dull.

BEFORE

img4637-medium.jpg

AFTER

img4639-medium.jpg

Azgaron, David Koktavy and rumbling1 thanks for you kind words.

Primož

Edited by pkrasna
The colors were too dark and incorrect. The grey wasn't blueish as it should be and the green was to dull.

Oooh, I see. Good work! I still face with the same problem too. I mix the Tamiyas colours, then I find out that the shade is not exact... In fact sometimes I make the same as you. :thumbsup: