Starting Time on Wednesday

Just out of curiosity, why is the contest starting at 5PM on Wednesday? That doesn't leave much time to go through the vendor area and register your entries?

If your going to the USAF Museum on Thursday, that really puts a premium on your time on Wednesday.

Just asking.

Thanks

Mike

Since they have to rent the rooms for all 4 days Day 1 is vendor setup day, its SOP for any Nats to do this.

Since most people don't do Day 1 its never been a major issue any Nats I've attended all 4 days

Crap, now I have to make a decision whether to hit the vendor room late on Wednesday, or wait until Thursday morning and take that chance that some of the 'must have' stuff hasn't been sntached up. I was planning on getting there at 2pm Wednesday as originally listed on the schedule. I guess that by Thursday, all of he vendors should be there, so perhaps waiting might be best. Decisions, decisions....

My 2 bits, if its something you "must have" your better to either pre-order it for pick up at the Nats or just do a normal mail order for it. Most stuff should be enough there that you be able to get it any day if its a new release.

Bargains you might get the last day but that all depends on the vendor

My 2 bits, if its something you "must have" your better to either pre-order it for pick up at the Nats or just do a normal mail order for it. Most stuff should be enough there that you be able to get it any day if its a new release.

Bargains you might get the last day but that all depends on the vendor

He's right on the money. I was able to grab a Hase 1/72 F-14D for $12.50 on the last day, because it lessened the amount the vendor had to carry home.

• 4 weeks later...

According to the Nationals website the Vendor room opens at 2PM thats still correct isn't it? It also shows that registrations opens at 2 PM along with the Contest room. Has there been a change? It's normal for the past 11 covnetions I have attended for everything to open around 2PM.

Jim

Edited by Hornet78
Since they have to rent the rooms for all 4 days Day 1 is vendor setup day, its SOP for any Nats to do this.

Since most people don't do Day 1 its never been a major issue any Nats I've attended all 4 days

While it is standard for vendor setup on Wednesday it isn't standard for a 5PM start and thats not what is listed on the Convention website. If they are going to start that late why bother starting on Wednesday. I come in a day early comming form the west just for this reason, to be there when it opens if not I wind up landing at the airport as the rooms are closing on the first day. If it does indeed start at 5 then I have wasted a day by getting there early for the opening if it's just for two hours. This is entirly uncool to pop on the membership less then two weeks form the start after airline reservations have been made and rooms paid for.

Jim

The last day is more important than the first day at the vendors. The last couple of hours is when you get the really good deals on stuff they don't want to cart back home.

The only reason to go the first day is if you REALLY NEED something that's initial release is at the Nats and that thing may sell out.

Me, I can wait. I've never lost sleep over missing a limited edition. I've got plenty in the stash as it is, I'd rather have good deals.

Isradecal 1/32 Sufa conversion for $31 off retail price. Thats my primary motiviaion for getting there early (and actually going at all), I doubt Ra'anan will have to worry about carting many of those back to Israel.

Isradecal 1/32 Sufa conversion for $31 off retail price. Thats my primary motiviaion for getting there early (and actually going at all), I doubt Ra'anan will have to worry about carting many of those back to Israel.

You and me both, I want that and Zacto's new Flanker missiles, I'll be dropping 3 bills in just two stops, OUCH

Jim