Hasegawa 1/32 P-26A -- Finished Product!

Woo hoo! Five months of work and it's done.

Herewith pix of my finished 1/32 Hasegawa P-26A, markings for a flight leader of the 6th Pursuit Squadron based at Wheeler Field circa 1939. Added details include some scratchbuilt interior parts, new engine pushrods and an exhaust collector. Rigging is .015 wire. The figure is a ground crew guy from somewhere, modified with a spare Master Details head.

Not perfect, but overall a pretty good looking model. Comments welcome!

:worship: Les (Friendly Airplane Asylum flack)

p261.jpg

p262.jpg

p263.jpg

p264.jpg

Man, I've got that one in the stash and actually pulled it out the other day to ponder building it sometime in the near future. You sure did a nice job with it. Thanks for posting!

Stew

Nice job! I've always wanted to get that kit... now I may just have to after seeing yours. I'd love to see more models from the "Golden Age" of aviation and I think it's an era that has been sorely overlooked by the model companies.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A truly beautiful P-26. If you would tell me where you sourced your markings information I'd appreciate it. Over the last 2 weeks I have been cleaning up 16 P-26 models preparatory to sanding & painting ( 10 in 1/48th & 6 in 1/32nd ) I've already painted the 1/48th motors & have the 1/32nd ones in front of me now to be painted. Some years ago I bullt 3 of the 1/32nd kits. I still have 3 more of the 1/32nd kits to build and am looking for Hasegawa's kit # 08156 issue of the 1/32nd model especially for the markings. Thank you for any info you may give. Carl T :salute:

A truly beautiful P-26. If you would tell me where you sourced your markings information I'd appreciate it. Over the last 2 weeks I have been cleaning up 16 P-26 models preparatory to sanding & painting ( 10 in 1/48th & 6 in 1/32nd ) I've already painted the 1/48th motors & have the 1/32nd ones in front of me now to be painted. Some years ago I bullt 3 of the 1/32nd kits. I still have 3 more of the 1/32nd kits to build and am looking for Hasegawa's kit # 08156 issue of the 1/32nd model especially for the markings. Thank you for any info you may give. Carl T :woot.gif:

Try this: http://www.skytamer.com/3.1/R17-2/083.jpg

If you have a graphics program --GIMP is a free one -- simply crop everything but the insignia.

I may still have the graphics file I used to create the decal. Yours if you want it!

:coolio: Les (Friendly Airplane Asylum flack)

Hi Les,

I may still have the graphics file I used to create the decal. Yours if you want it!

If Carl T (a.k.a. p-26luvr) doesn't want it, could i have it please?

Curious, what paint did you use for the body colour?

I was lucky, had an old tin of Humbrol Napoleonic French Blue.

:jaw-dropping:

Best regards,

Paul

Edited by phoenix 54
Hi Les,

If Carl T (a.k.a. p-26luvr) doesn't want it, could i have it please?

Curious, what paint did you use for the body colour?

I was lucky, had an old tin of Humbrol Napoleonic French Blue.

:crying2:

Best regards,

Paul

Well...looks like I either ditched the 6PS insignia file after I built the model, or it was on my computer that I had to do a factory restart on. So, hava-no.

The fuselage is Floquil Great Northern Big Sky Blue.

:jaw-dropping: Les (Friendly Airplane Asylum flack)