Hi, I have an old FSM magazine, some guy named Jamie Pye build one from scratch :monkeydance: ; I will look if I can find the article, was very detailed, has scaled drawings and those sliced cuts. let me see.

Byron

HERE's a three-view drawing on Richard Ferriere's site, but I'm afraid it's not that detailed either.

I've seen that one. It's better than most of the drawings I've seen. What I need are section views at different points along the fuselage, then I can make the right shape.

- Brad :wave:

Hi, I have an old FSM magazine, some guy named Jamie Pye build one from scratch :wave: ; I will look if I can find the article, was very detailed, has scaled drawings and those sliced cuts. let me see.

Byron

I'm praying that you find that! :crying2: That would help me so much! I knew this forum would be helpful. It's nice to get some help from people who have more resources than me.

Thanks so much,

Brad

Don't forget that the first one was built from an F-5A (NF-5A actually IIRC). An F-5A section drawing will work for at least the nose area.

Very good point. The X-29 that I'm going to build is a "what -if" production version. It will be based off the Kangnam (Hasegawa) F-5E, with sharknose. Where I really need help is the rear from the cockpit back.

Brad :wave:

I kit bashed an "operational" version of the X-29 many years ago. I got a lot of good parts from the Hasegawa F-20 kit. Another airplane that started as an F-5.

Mike

Unfortunately, I can't find the Hasegawa F-20 to save my life, and it's only in 1/48, not 1/32......I like the idea though....... Do you still have it? If yes, can you get some of the contours drawn and posted? That would be fantastic! Thanks for the info!

- Brad :huh:

Don't forget that the first one was built from an F-5A (NF-5A actually IIRC). An F-5A section drawing will work for at least the nose area.

F-5A/B/E/F drawings with section views appear to be rare as well...... :o

- Brad :lol:

Don't forget the F-16 main gear struts and wheels.

Right. I almost forgot that..... My X-29 is more a "What-if" version, so things like landing gear can be changed with a bit of artistic license.....

Thanks,

Brad :woot.gif:

Maybe these will help:

X-29_drawing.jpg

X-29_sectional.jpg

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for!!!!! I can't believe how good these drawings are! You just made my week!!!!

Thank you so much!

- Brad :jaw-dropping::woot.gif: