Okay fellow modelers, I just was looking at the HE-219 on the home page What is the trick to doing the Red and White stripes on the radar antenna. I have this kit and would like some info on how to get the lines so straight on something so fragile as this part. Thanks Rob

i'm not sure how he did his, but i would think in a case like that, it's almost easier because they are so small. i think just by painting the red with the side of a flat brush you'd automatically end up with a fairly straight line. you don't really even have to pull the brush along a surface, just let it wrap it's way around and it should stay pretty straight. at least that's what i think, your milage may vary. it's possible he used masks or decals, but i don't think it's all that necessary on something that small of a diameter.

Bill

I use Tamiya tape as well for this process. To stop the bleed through on the edges, brush some clear flat along the edge of the tape, then paint. In this case I would paint the antenna the base colour, mask off the end and paint red. Then roll a small piece of tape on the antenna the size you want the red stripe to be, bush on the clear flat on the edges and paint the white section.