I finally forced myself to commit to this GB.

The subject is 1/48 Special Hobby Fokker B.II, basically a Gavia Fokker D.II with new plastic wings and some nice resin.

Since the B.II is basically a aborted forerunner of D.II, it will also be necessary to backdate the fuselage.

Also, I plan on building the first and only armed example, 03.61, which has different rudder and pilot steps than the subsequent regular "trainer" B.II's.

Box

SH_Fokker_BII_box.jpg

Fuselage sprue (D.II)

SH_Fokker_BII_sprue_fuselage.jpg

Wings sprue (D.II)

SH_Fokker_BII_sprue_wings_DII.jpg

Wings sprue

SH_Fokker_BII_sprue_wings_BII.jpg

Resin

SH_Fokker_BII_resin.jpg

PE

SH_Fokker_BII_PE.jpg

Decals

SH_Fokker_BII_decals.jpg

A small update. I just love the weekends, especially the rainy ones :whistle:

Generally, time for cleanup and some choices. Since I chose to build the 03.61 (in truth, renumbered Fokker M.17K serial No. 499) I had some backdating to do.

My only reference is the excellent Czech REVI magazine No.65, which features a small photo album of B.II's and a useful review of the Special Hobby kit, which identifies many small errors and suggests corrections.

Here is the fuselage correction:

SH_Fokker_BII_lf_fuse_correction_de.jpg

I scraped the longeron with a knife blade. I'm still undecided about the upper left D.II step baseplate, since something circular is seen in a B.II 03.61 photo (but without the step rod). Instead of scribing, I decided to add the forward panel with self-adhesive aluminium foil before painting.

SH_Fokker_BII_lf_top_wing_correctio.jpg

And you guessed it, the top wing is also different :thumbsup:

The center part doesn't have the diagonal cutouts like the rest of B.II's, so I added triangular pieces of scrap plastic glued with Revell Contacta professional (I like stronger glues for such parts) and faired it with some fine automotive putty.

There will be another update today, my photo batteries were empty :banana:

Edited by dragonlance