Trumpeter 1/35 Morser Karl - Kit No.00209

Well, this is as far as I've got. Main modules together but still HUNDREDS of parts to go!!

DSCF0241crop.jpg

Time, time there's just never enough time :tease:

Edit for punctuation reasons :tease:

Edited by Gordon

Hey Mike,

It is indeed impressive! As to how it goes together, surprisingly--not bad at all. Most of the drudge work is in cleaning up parts, (1251 of them!!), and filling ejection pin holes!! :coolio:

There are literally hundreds of them!! If you've read some of the reviews as I did, you may have seen mention of there being some of these but most will not be visible, NOT TRUE!! :thumbsup:

For instance, each length of rail has about 18 pin marks on the inside face which WILL be seen, also, another example, the underside/topside of the top and bottom lifting arm main plates--the inside surface of each one is festooned with them! And, although you have the vertical walls to glue over them you can still see them so---filling it is.

Virtually all parts require cleaning up of all edges, not just one side left by the moulding process as most main-line models, they all have a 'hairy' edge or slight flash.

Bearing this in mind, when cleaned up and filled etc they do fit pretty well and are loaded with detail! :cheers:

The main parts of the model are ok to work with on my 'bench', each lifting arm is about the length/width of a Sherman, the main body is--well--bigger, think of a Famo pulling a gun and that's about the length of it.

Geed--, Progress WILL be slow mate!! There is just so much to do!! (See parts number above!!)).

What I'll probably do is pop in now and again for an update. To give you some idea, there are about 400 parts for each railway wagon alone! (Most of them smaalll)

I would add this in case anyone's put off---I'm having great fun doing this and that's what it's all about really ain't it? :cheers:

Very true!

I have just seen that HobbyBoss have released the rail transporter for their 1:72 Gerat... Most tempting!

Looking forward to seeing more progress reports. :huh:

:D

MikeJ

Hey Gordon, Love what you are busy with, its comming along nicely, a monster , so does this mean that you will be starting with the Leopold next month. :P

Thought you might like taking a look at this one, got mine last week. Its a limited edition release and according to Trump the moulds will be modified after this run so no more. LOOK HERE

Keep em building

Later

1/72!! No chance Mike!! If it IS a smaller copy of the big Trumpy one and knowing exactly what that ones like, there is no way I'd try building those railway wagons in 1/72!!

As it is, a large number of the suspension parts are about 5-6m/m in 1/35, if they try and do them in 1/72??? Shiver-shiver!!

Hey Gordon, Love what you are busy with, its comming along nicely, a monster , so does this mean that you will be starting with the Leopold next month. :monkeydance:

Thought you might like taking a look at this one, got mine last week. Its a limited edition release and according to Trump the moulds will be modified after this run so no more. LOOK HERE

Keep em building

Later

Very nice mate! How is the moulding? Lots of ejection pin marks etc? I should imagine that, as the Morser was originally moulded in 2004 and your halftrack is a new mould, that the quality should be better.

As to the Leopold----Guess wot my next armour model is har-har :monkeydance:

Only it'll be next year, not next month I think!! :salute:

Havnt started building yet but the parts are clean and crisp, as what can be expected from there new kits. I will consider building it when I have got rid of the 15 half builds on my desk, but will still continue collecting, Man can never have to many models. :yahoo:

Havnt started building yet but the parts are clean and crisp, as what can be expected from there new kits. I will consider building it when I have got rid of the 15 half builds on my desk, but will still continue collecting, Man can never have to many models. :huh:

That's good to know! Might get one or two of there newer ones.

I fully see you're point about the builds! I HAD to put aside the 3 or 4 I was working on to build this beauty, no way can you work on this and other models at the same time :P

"Man can never have to many models"----here-here! At the last count I only had a measly 213 so I've some way to go yet har-har!! :cheers:

Got to stock up for when the oil runs out eh? :huh: