Sticky tirgger finger...Iwata Revolutiono CR

I have been using a Iwata Revolution CR for about a year now with no problems. Recently the finger trigger has been sticking allowing air or paint to continue to flow after I release the trigger. Any idea what may be happeing or how I can resolve it? It seems to be pretty intermittent, but very annoying.

For cleaning I never submerge the whole brush. I will usually disassemble the needle and clean out the cup. Every so often I will remove all the parts and wipe them down with cleaner.

Thanks for any direction.

I have been using a Iwata Revolution CR for about a year now with no problems. Recently the finger trigger has been sticking allowing air or paint to continue to flow after I release the trigger. Any idea what may be happeing or how I can resolve it? It seems to be pretty intermittent, but very annoying.

For cleaning I never submerge the whole brush. I will usually disassemble the needle and clean out the cup. Every so often I will remove all the parts and wipe them down with cleaner.

Thanks for any direction.

Hey man. The exact thing was happening to my airbrush. I had spilled paint onto the body and it spilled into the part that houses the trigger. It dried up and began sticking sometimes when I pushed down the trigger to get some air. Also, when you pull out the needle to clean it up, in its trajectory out, it will sometimes spill paint into the whole trigger mechanism. Your best bet would probably be to go in with a q-tip dipped in thinner or your favorite cleaning material and give the whole trigger and the mechanism where the trigger sits a run down. I would then proceed to briefly submerge that piece into a bath of thinner or cleaning product. I bet that is what is going on.

If not, you could probably go in with a little oil and then oil the trigger mechanism. You might want to double check on that though as the oil might go flying out when you push the trigger.

Your best bet is probably with the first thing I said. Give it a try and let us know how it worked out for you.

Carlos

I had the same problem and you need to get some needle lube. After lubricating the packing valve my airbrush works likes new and I wonder why I tolerated a less than perfect action of the lever for so long. Iwata make a lube for their airbrushes which is suppose to be great, but I use the lube from Badger (it is cheaper then the Iwata lube and when I first had this problem I didn't want to spend too much money in case it didn't work). I lubricate with the Regdab every so often. I place a little into the packing valve (plunger) and it makes the main lever glide like new. I also lubricate all the threads and of course place some on the needle. I find it takes about 7-8 uses before I need to relubricate the needle and maybe a few more times before I need to lube the packing valve again. Use only a little but it goes a long way. The bottle of lube I have will likely last for many years, unless I spill it!

Had the same problem, and simply lubing or even ultrasonic cleaning with lacquer thinner didn't fix it. I had to pop out the trigger pin (whatever it is called). Unscrew the air valve housing (the part directly under the trigger where the hose connects), and remove the needle and trigger. From the bottom of the AB, you can now stick a pin in (the backside of the needle works) to pop out what should be a filmy covered pin. Thta's what is sticking, and once cleaned and lubed, the problem should be solved. Until next time...

I have an Iwata revolution that does the same thing after a while.

Probably every other, or every third cleaning, I'll remove the trigger and put some of the Iwata airbrush lube (blue jelly-looking stuff) on the little hole that the trigger post goes in. Once you put the trigger back in it will push some of that lube back down in the hole and keep it from sticking.....for two or three more airbrushing sessions.

Please no comments about the use of lube, post, and hole in the same sentence please.

JED