Academy 1/32nd F-18C decal swap

HI guys, I've just managed to get hold of a 1/32nd scale Academy F-18C. It's the limited edition VFA-195 "Chippy-Ho" version, now it's all very colourful and everything but as I have just about every variant of "Chippy-Ho in 1/48th scale, I was wondering if any kind soul would like to do a decal/instruction sheet swap. I'm after the decals/instructions from the limited edition VFA-105 "Iraqi Freedom" kit as an added sweetener, I'm more than happy to include a set of the Phoenix 1/32nd "Chippy-Ho" 2007 decals and the "All American Bug" markings from the standard Academy kit that I don't need. Actually, while I'm here: Does anyone have or know where to find more information on the colourful VMFA-232 F-18 which is on the Superscale decal sheet #48-892 (USMC Iraqi Freedom & 1999 C.O) I got this sheet in the hope that I could scale it up to 1/32nd as I'd really like to do a Navy and Marines Hornet. I've looked all over but seem to come up short on pics/info of these birds or should that be bugs!? Anyway, I'm sure you've all got much better things to than read my ramblings so I'll leave this and hope to hear from someone soon, thanks, David.

Yup, I got it and have other plans for markings on this one. I need to find a BIG envelope and cardboard to protect it before I drop it in the mail, but it's yours if you still want to swap. Can you live with copies of the four pages of markings and paint instructions? I'd like to keep this set with the kit. Let me know and I'll get this on it's way after I hear back. No luck finding info on the 232 markings, hopefully someone else might. Cheers!

I've heard of some people having problems with the Academy decals (maybe not this sheet, as I think they are printed by Cartograf?) so if you would like an extra set "just in case," let me know. I've got a set that I won't be using that you can have. Noting asked for in return.

Aaron

Hi Guys, thanks for replying so quickly and positively to this post, still kinda new to this 'puter business. I've sent emails to you seperately but figured a "public" Thankyou is in order. As for the VMFA-232 markings, I have a friend who might be able to get me 1/32nd copies of my 1/48th scale sheet. The reason for wanting to make this A/C is that it's kinda unusual to see Marines "Bugs" with colour and mission marks and this one has both! I'm going to see if I can find out what, if any changes need to be made to the Academy kit to build this A/C then, probably, invest in some Aires updates! I wont be starting it anytime soon as I have a couple of commissions and several own projects to finish but I have to admit that, next to the F-14, the F-18 is one of my favourite 'planes.

Hi everyone, thanks so much for the help/info. I've just discovered that the VMFA-232 a/c that I want to make is covered on the Academy limited edition "Iraqi Freedom" kit decal sheet! :jaw-dropping: I'm swapping my spare decals from "Chippy-Ho" for this sheet from "Themodelstarter". The only problem I have now, is that I find myself wanting to do the C.O bug as well. Think I may have to stick to doing that one in 1/48th, don't think I could afford to go splashing out on another Academy kit. Anyway, I'm off to visit the post office, may even get some modelling done before work tonight.