F 16 Cockpit question....

Hi!

Since there is alot of experts on the type on this forum I thought it´d be the best Pace to ask.

Im looking at building the new Tamiya F16 C and was thinking about using the Blackbox cockpit set for the Hase F 16

the only problem is that the Blackbox set is for the A version and the Tamiya kit is a C, will it be OK to use the A cockpit in the C without being that wrong......or do they differ alot?

Thanks!

Emil

There are several differences between a A&C

The panel under the HUD, The A has 1 MFD But the C has 2 MFD`s So they look quite different. There are also some difference in the placing of the knobs and such. Also think the Throttle is different.

Correct me if im wrong:)

Black Box / Avionix also has F-16C cockpits.

Anyway I would suggest You to invest some few money with the new AIRES set , for Tamiya kits,

for sure someone is looking elsewhere for the "A" cockpit , so...

Good Luck

SouthViper

Hi Emil,

If you are building a Tamiya Viper do you actually need a resin cockpit set? Does n't it look pretty good right out of the box? Sorry for the questions but I've only built the 1/32nd scale version and that looked good to me.

:worship:

Yes, the kit cockpit is actually very nice. However, another option is to compare the kit parts to the BB set and look for differences that seem like more than just added detail. Keep the kit parts or portions of parts where it seems appropriate, maybe. This might be enough for you as you say "a lot" of difference. You might get close enough for you. But also not sure about the fit, though most AM pits need some work to fit anyway.

I'd suggest just adding a seat to your Tamiya kit.

The differences are just too great.

Save the "A" cockpit for an F-16A model.

Also both Black Box and Aries converted their cockpits from their Hasegawa Masters to fit the Tamiya kit , therefore both have had compromises to make them fit as the Hasegawa pit is a bit shorter.

So you already have problems right off the bat.

Curt

Edited by Netz

Hi!

Wow guys thanks for the help! The reason that I asked was that I was gonna order some kits and supplies online and wanted to know if the A pit would fit because they had a Blackbox set at a good price.

But after reading your replies I decided against buying it so I just bought a pair of Aires Aces II seats for the kit.

(I know there is only one seat in the F16 but having a spare is never bad :blink:)

They did´nt have the complete set for the Tamiya kit in stock so I figured I could just scratch some things for the sidepanels and use the seats as most other things seem fine.....

Again, thanks for helping me out! :D

Cheers!

Emil