I just watched TOPGUN again for the 100 times tonite. One of the pilots had a Japanese Rising Sun painted on his visor- I might try to do that on one of mine.

Jaja Oliver, im a fan of Top Gun too, that pilot with the rising sun in the helmet its callsign is Sun Down, and the actor name is Clarence Gilyard Jr, he appeared with Chuck Norris in the Walker Texas Rangers Tv series too.

Those Helmets are AMAZING, i would love to add them to my UH-1H, oh yeah.

Greetings.

Rod.

Oliver, can I come with a suggestion?

AS a pilot, you want to protect that visor (it's around $110.00) from scratches, thus you leave it up, unless you have the helmet on display...

Normally you'd hang it up from the hand grip, (above windshield), or the overhead light. as that will not stretch the chord outta the back of the helmet, which usually is connected above the seatback to a drop-chord.

With regards to designs, I currently have none on mine, just vanilla plain white, but some of my cohorts have various decals, such as tattoos and the likes, even one has his helmet painted like a brain...

Anyways, your model, as always, just awsome. Wish I could do as well as you.

Cheers

H.

Great work on the helmets, but as Winnie says, as a pilot the only time I ever had the visor down on the ground was when I was on a static display sitting on the seat. Operationally, the only time it was down was when I was wearing it. You didn't want it scratched as it distorted the light during day missionson the grey one and star burst at night on the clear one. We hung them up from hooks hanging above the instrument panel on the roof.

Of course, there is artistic license. LOL It is your model and super so far. I can't wait to see the end results.

Keep up the awesome work

Floyd

Great work on the helmets, but as Winnie says, as a pilot the only time I ever had the visor down on the ground was when I was on a static display sitting on the seat. Operationally, the only time it was down was when I was wearing it. You didn't want it scratched as it distorted the light during day missionson the grey one and star burst at night on the clear one. We hung them up from hooks hanging above the instrument panel on the roof.

Of course, there is artistic license. LOL It is your model and super so far. I can't wait to see the end results.

Keep up the awesome work

Floyd

Hi Floyd.

Nice to hear from you. My first idea was to hang the helmets from the overhead panel but I scratchbuilt some map lights up there and I am afraid it might be a little too crowded( you might say the cargo area is crowded too). Ray had posted photos of helmets hanging from the side collums above the pilot seat..I like that too. How did you static display the helmets on the seat with the visor down...any photos?

At this time I guess I will wait to see how the helmets turn out.

Thanks for the kind words. Are you planning to go IPMS Nats in Arizona ?

Oliver

Been away a while and look at your work: the door is simply stuninnig and the helmets are always a great touch!

The guys from Archer's should be given the Noble-prize for modelling for their rivets!

How did you static display the helmets on the seat with the visor down...any photos?

Are you planning to go IPMS Nats in Arizona ?

Basically we had the helmets on the seat with the visors facing out. In my case I had red eyes on the visor so it looked cool. Well to me anyhow. LOL

As for the Nats, I don't think we are going to make the trip this year. Money is an issue, as always. Hate to miss it as it is a lot of fun to catch up with everyone.

Floyd

Hi Guys.

Thanks Floyd for the info on the helmets.

Small update before I go to work..working nights again on HOUSE (Ray still working on your signed photo).

Small setback on the doors . When I pulled the tape off some of the paint a many rivets came off so I will have a bunch of little area to fix. I did not think that the rivets would pull off since it was coated several times with Future.

Still working on the helmets. I have begun my paint job and weathering on the cabin roof. I still have to had some radio components and maplights.

Heres some photos.

Oliver

medevachuey1218.jpg

medevachuey1221.jpg

medevachuey1223.jpg

medevachuey1224.jpg

medevachuey1225.jpg

medevachuey1229.jpg

medevachuey1227.jpg

medevachuey1231.jpg

Oliver,

Sorry to hear about your rivets lifting... Your weathering IS incredible! I have yet to attempt such feats, but am willing to give the techniques a try. I am first going to work on washes and drybrushing. Your work is an inspiration.

David

Wow that lookse great!!!

Dosnt the paint pulled off from them rivets work as "weathering"?

David

Hi David.

That could work but there is no paint underneath that coat so it shows bare plastic. The paint chipping is way out of scale.Several big chunks came off.

Oliver

Edited by shark 64
Oliver,

Sorry to hear about your rivets lifting... Your weathering IS incredible! I have yet to attempt such feats, but am willing to give the techniques a try. I am first going to work on washes and drybrushing. Your work is an inspiration.

David

Hi

Good luck with your attempts.

OLiver

Oliver

Really enjoying your work, the weathering is incredible, but I think that's been covered.

Those helmets are great looking and the depth you've got with the weathering is awesome. :bandhead2:

So if I have it right dark oil wash with Titanium white drybrushing? Might need to sign up for that Oliver weathering workshop.

mason

Oliver

Really enjoying your work, the weathering is incredible, but I think that's been covered.

Those helmets are great looking and the depth you've got with the weathering is awesome. :bandhead2:

So if I have it right dark oil wash with Titanium white drybrushing? Might need to sign up for that Oliver weathering workshop.

mason

Hi Mason.

Yep. Thats it.

Oliver

Hi Guys,

I just finished the cabin roof of the Huey and that completes the adventure of the cokpit painting. I was hoping to have the helmets done to add to the cockpit but instead I decided to finish the cabin roof.

The doors are almost done too....finishing the yellow trip around the frames.

here are some photos. Thanks again for for your support, your comments always me keep going.

Oliver

medevachuey1263.jpg

medevachuey1258.jpg

medevachuey1257.jpg

medevachuey1253.jpg

medevachuey1250.jpg

medevachuey1248.jpg

medevachuey1242.jpg

medevachuey1234.jpg

medevachuey1246.jpg

medevachuey1240.jpg

Edited by shark 64
Beautiful work as is your way. Looks great and I look forward to seeing more.

Regards

Andrew :D

Thank so much Andrew. Hoping to have the helmets done in a few days. I have to find the right place in the helo for them.

Oliver