Looking awesome Oliver. What are you going to do for a final paint scheme?

BTW, what is that little yellow doo-dad sticking up through the floor, near the rudder pedals on the starboard side?

Regards,

John

Hi John.

The yellow pedal thing is (i believe) a quick release for the hook underneath the helo (Ray please correct me if I am wrong). I installed it on the wrong side its supposed to be in between the tail rotor pedals. As far as the paint scheme is concerned I was going to do 3 color camo pattern from the Marines in the 80's but I am having mixed feelings about that lately. I went flying last week and I saw in Camarillo (near Los Angeles) a rescue helicopter in bright yellow and blue. It looked pretty cool. The only problem is that I was planning to do this helo on an aircraft carrier. To make a story short I dont know just yet.

Hows your M-17 coming along. Did you start yet?

Oliver

Oliver,

I got my first taste of aviation working at Channel Islands Aviation at the Camarillo airport in 1975-76. The helicopter belongs to the Ventura County Sheriff/Fire Department. They started with old 204s in the 70's. I'm planning on doing a sheet for their 212 Twin. I know the chief pilot there. It's a great scheme and I can't wait to do it.

Tim

Oliver,

I got my first taste of aviation working at Channel Islands Aviation at the Camarillo airport in 1975-76. The helicopter belongs to the Ventura County Sheriff/Fire Department. They started with old 204s in the 70's. I'm planning on doing a sheet for their 212 Twin. I know the chief pilot there. It's a great scheme and I can't wait to do it.

Tim

Hi Tim

Yes thats the one. What a great looking scheme. They kept that helo in great shape. I did nor see the twin Huey. Are you in Los Angeles?

Oliver

Hi Guys,

I just finished the cabin roof of the Huey and that completes the adventure of the cokpit painting. I was hoping to have the helmets done to add to the cockpit but instead I decided to finish the cabin roof.

The doors are almost done too....finishing the yellow trip around the frames.

here are some photos. Thanks again for for your support, your comments always me keep going.

Oliver

medevachuey1263.jpg

medevachuey1258.jpg

medevachuey1257.jpg

medevachuey1253.jpg

medevachuey1250.jpg

medevachuey1248.jpg

medevachuey1242.jpg

medevachuey1234.jpg

medevachuey1246.jpg

medevachuey1240.jpg

Oliver,

INCREDIBLE workmanship and NEAT detailed work..A man after MY own heart.... JUST STUPENDOUSand SUPERB,

YOU Oliver are a REAL MASTER at this...I just can't stop ogling at the pic above... BRILLIANT work on the

components...

HOLMES :D :cheers: :D

Hi Guys.

I just finished the helmets this morning. I had to wait for the resin to be totally cured before I glued the sunvisors to the helmets. I put 2 applications of resin on the lens because I wanted to give it a little concaved shape. I posted a photo of what I really wanted to paint on the visors (Rising Sun) but i was not able to accomplish that. I tried so many different ways .

I am still trying to figure out where I will place the hemets in the cockpit, maybe you guys can help. I know I dont want to hang them from the cabin roof because the whole visors effect will dissapear.

Anyway here are the photos.

Oliver

medevachuey1305.jpg

medevachuey1308.jpg

medevachuey1314.jpg

medevachuey1317.jpg

medevachuey1321.jpg

medevachuey1324.jpg

medevachuey1326.jpg

medevachuey1328.jpg

They turned out great (as your work always does) and I would place them on the front seats. There's only one little detail I am missing: the small cross shaped "knob" that fixes the visor in it's position: http://www.flyhuey.com/Resized%20Helmet%20Pictures/SPH-4.JPG

Hi

I sanded it down.. I agree I need to add that on top.( good eyes) you guys see everything!!!!

OLiver

Wow, thats truly amazing Oliver!!!!

I echo what the others say.................they look real. The assembled cockpit etc, is amazing. I actually cant imagine how amazing this is all going to look when it is finished and the engine etc is all painted up.

Thanks for the inspiration

Cheers

Anthony

I dont' know if I should wait the end of this great piece of art to say how great it looks or keep repeating it at each update: AMAZING!

BUT I've only seen helmets with the mic on the right (like the white helmet). I don't know if you can place them on both sides.

Anyhow, I can accept it as artistic license.

Those helmets look terrific Oliver except as already mentioned the 'star' release knob for the visor. That would just finish them off. Why don't you hang one off the pillar as I did with the 'Barracuda'?

Regards

Andrew :(

Hi Andrew.

I will add the knob on top. I like the idea of hanging it on the side like in yours . Ill have to try it once the fusalage is put together.

Oliver

I dont' know if I should wait the end of this great piece of art to say how great it looks or keep repeating it at each update: AMAZING!

BUT I've only seen helmets with the mic on the right (like the white helmet). I don't know if you can place them on both sides.

Anyhow, I can accept it as artistic license.

Hi Klaus.

Well. thats kind of up tp you. If you want to write at the end or everytime someone post some photos of the latest work. As far as I am concerned this forum is about sharing, showing, giving and receiving feedback from other modelers. The mike on the helmets were switched beause I wanted one to show for each side. Yep creative licensing it is.

Oliver