I am beginning to hate you for making it look so good.... I think I will give up model building and take up underwater basket weaving. Outstanding work as always, it looks like you are useing brass sheet for the transmission is that stuff easy to use? I just bought some and was trying to make an open panel edge (that area that rivets go into) with it but it seem to crumble too easily, I think I need thicker brass.

Again awesome work, what are you going to do next when you finish?

Hi

Thanks. You made me laugh with the underwater basket weaving.....funny stuff. I used brass rods and various diameter brass sheets...I wouldn't say its easy but with pratice and patience anything can be done. If you are going to cut brass or shave brass with a dremel, please use gloves. Dont do like me and hold it with bare hands. When brass flies out of your fingers it cuts rather deep, learned my lesson on that one.

I'd love to build the new Trumpeter Harrier in 1/35 scale. I would also like to do a Seahawk (accurate this time) in 1/35 scale. I would take some work to modify the Army version kit into a Navy version.

Dont tell anybody...i just took another look of what I built today, not quite sharp enough work on those parts..

Oliver

Very nice work, but that's been said. Very inspirational!

I'd go for the 1/35th H-60 next, but do one of those new MH-60S's all loaded out with Hellfire, not as much work.

100129-N-6692A-051.jpg

mason

Hey Mason how are you? I would love to see the Armed Seria all detailed and such that would be cool, very cool, I seconded your vote! I have in my on deck pile (along with the Revell Wessex) an HH-60H that I want to scratch build the hell out of, with as many open pannels as I can like I did with the 53E- (I still have to take pics of it) and there is something about a nice dirty Seahawk. Everett

Hi Guys.

I was working on the mast trying to duplicate the rubber boot out of red shrink wrap.I put the flame to close and melted the whole unit. I thought I could shrink it without melting the kit part......I was wrong. I decided to redo the whole mast from scratch...

Photos next.

Oliver

Edited by shark 64
Oliver,

Now that was a really smart idea!

Are you planning to leave the main rotor loose so when you take it to the Nats, it will ship safer?

Tim

Hi Tim.

i wont ship it there I am afraid i''ll a plastic puzzle when i get there. Ill drive to Phoenix from L.A.

yes the whole rotor wont be glued at all... easier to transport.

Oliver

Oliver,

I figured you would do the drive being in LA. I learned the hard way about glued rotors. Where are you planning to do the joint?

We will have to meet up at the Nats.

Tim

Hi Tim.

I think from the top transmission box so I will have to do is insert the whole rotor system once I am ready for display. Sounds like a plan about meeting at Nats..got to book the hotel soon.

Oliver

Fantastic job on the rotor head assembly. As others have said, we are running out of adjectives to describe your work. Your ability to craft such small parts is very impressive (as I have seen first hand with some of those Mi-8 bits and pieces).

Regards,

John

Fantastic job on the rotor head assembly. As others have said, we are running out of adjectives to describe your work. Your ability to craft such small parts is very impressive (as I have seen first hand with some of those Mi-8 bits and pieces).

Regards,

John

Hi John.

Thanks so much. Hows your MI-8 going ?. Have you decided what version you are finally doing.

oliver

I think I already said this:

:thumbsup:

I really would love to see this beauty with my own eyes; let me exaggerate but it's on the way to become the "Mona Lisa" of helicopter models.

I have to check how much a trip to Phoenix would cost me ...

Absolutely fantastic work you're doing here. I can't suggest any tips to you except this -some of the heat shrink tube will shrink in boiling water and done carefully won't wreck your work. Too late in your case but you seem to have the replacement well in hand.

Oliver.

Your model work is realy breath takeing. It is so fantastik that one can be only wondering how good artist modeler you realy are. You should do a book of how you are doing thinks. It would be BestSeler, I´m sure!

Thank you for sharing this with us. It is so inpireing. :worship::whistle::worship:

Edited by mareku
Absolutely fantastic work you're doing here. I can't suggest any tips to you except this -some of the heat shrink tube will shrink in boiling water and done carefully won't wreck your work. Too late in your case but you seem to have the replacement well in hand.

Thanks so much guys.

I did not think of the boiling water...I like that tip ..thanks.

Oliver