Oliver CLAIMS it's the 1/35th MRC kit, but I haven't seen an original kit part in so long I'm not sure anymore! Great work on the tranny and hoses there, Oliver!

Ray

His workmanship is unbelievable.

Is this stuff he's making going to be made available to us mere mortals in resin so that we too can aspire to such an accomplishment?

Oliver, I can almost smell the hydraulic fluid!

Everything is looking fantastic.

A question. What kind of punch do you use to make the hex shaped nuts/bolts?

Pete Brown

Hi Pete.

I use handi-vac punch and die. Heres the link: www.pen.vac.com

Part # is :hvkit8b

Thanks for the kind words.

Oliver

Oliver CLAIMS it's the 1/35th MRC kit, but I haven't seen an original kit part in so long I'm not sure anymore! Great work on the tranny and hoses there, Oliver!

Ray

HI Ray.

Thanks for having my back. I am afraid most of the transmission/engine/firewalls/engine mounts and other items in that area will be in brass too. Dont worry there is some plastic left.

Thanks for your kind words. Hows your Cobra coming along?

Oliver

Great looking work Oliver! :cheers: This thing is going to be incredible when done.

Ray

:pray: By sheer weight, it's probably 10% original plastic.

Hi Pete.

I use handi-vac punch and die. Heres the link: www.pen.vac.com

Part # is :hvkit8b

Thanks for the kind words.

Oliver

That link didn't work for me.

mason

Great looking work Oliver! :taunt: This thing is going to be incredible when done.

:tumble: By sheer weight, it's probably 10% original plastic.

That link didn't work for me.

mason

Hi Mason.

Thanks.

Thats the link written on top of the box...MMMmmm!!!. I think I ordered it from an Italian website. Ill Check.

Oliver

Wow !!! Almost perfect---you realize that despite what you may be seeing in the refernce photos, the fuel and hydraulic lines are actually translucent. Better made out of ultra thin tubing---not that you should take out the lines and start re-plumbing all over again so that you have an accurate model. But since Valley Con 2011 is still aways off you do have time to do it the "right" way.

Hope to see you Saturday at the LAMS Oliver !!! ;) :wacko: :)

George

Wow !!! Almost perfect---you realize that despite what you may be seeing in the refernce photos, the fuel and hydraulic lines are actually translucent. Better made out of ultra thin tubing---not that you should take out the lines and start re-plumbing all over again so that you have an accurate model. But since Valley Con 2011 is still aways off you do have time to do it the "right" way.

Hope to see you Saturday at the LAMS Oliver !!! :rofl: :wub: :nanner:

George

George,

Translucent, opaque, transparent, - what ever the reality, you KNOW that Oliver will make it look great!

Oliver,

I don't know what else can be said about your fine craftsmanship. Just know that you are an inspiration! I appreciate each update. Thanks for taking the time to photograph each step, and share your progress.

David

Hope to see you Saturday at the LAMS Oliver !!! :salute::worship::nanner:

George

Hi George.

I has been a few days since I have been on ARC. I have been working on a pilot directed by Michael Mann and starring Dustin Hoffman and Nick Nolte for HBO. The show is so busy is scary. ANyway, glad you like the hydraulics. I had a tuff time get it to look like how I wanted.

You can count on this being at Valleycon in 2011.

Oliver

See you Saturday.

Beginning of the end....

I was going to start on the fuel tank but decided to position the tail rotor shaft and finish the air filter instead. I think I am done with the really small stuff until I start on the turbine engine( that should be last). The tail rotor shaft is not one lomg piece of brass but 3 little short ones. I was afraid to have the holes opening misaligned so I went the safe route....whatever it takes to get the job done.

Here are the latest photos.

Oliver

medevachuey1607.jpg

medevachuey1608.jpg

medevachuey1609.jpg

medevachuey1610.jpg

medevachuey1611.jpg

medevachuey1615.jpg

The second stage for the rotor shaft went faster than expected....first try( that has not happened in a while with this build). Third stage will be to the tail rotor.

Will work on the engine brackets next.

Oliver

medevachuey1617.jpg

medevachuey1618.jpg

medevachuey1620.jpg

medevachuey1621.jpg

Hi Guys.

I ended redoing the exhaust since the one I had before was too out of scale. I will be adding some wiring to it once I get the right size for it. The firewall is now completed. Please forgive me i did use some plastic.....LOL!!!

Oliver

medevachuey1622.jpg

medevachuey1624.jpg

medevachuey1626.jpg

medevachuey1630.jpg

medevachuey1632.jpg

medevachuey1634.jpg