:cheers: ;) :D

Awesome work Oliver!! One question though, what kind of glue are you using? I noticed everything seems to stick very well but you don't have any messy glue edges/overspill between pieces (which I always get!).

Cheers,

Tom

:whistle::cheers: :o

Awesome work Oliver!! One question though, what kind of glue are you using? I noticed everything seems to stick very well but you don't have any messy glue edges/overspill between pieces (which I always get!).

Cheers,

Tom

Tom

I use slow Ca for my brass work and Tamiya thin for plastic work. I apply all Ca work with either a toothpick or the end of the needle. I try not to apply glue all the way to the edges of the part, I mainly stay in the middle . Once the part is positioned on its gluing area a slight pressure on the part with the toothpick will carry the glue all the way to the edge...if it goes over I rapidly wipe off with the end of the toothpick. If its a tricky part to be glued I tape on end down so it stays in place and apply glue on that part. I hope this hepls.

Oliver

A W E S O M E !!!

There are some items that would make great resin parts for us mortals ...

Hi Klaus

I would not mind duplicating some engine parts for the Huey. I have no experinence in resin stuff whatsoever. Someday I plan to start tackling with it.

Working on the engine brackets right now. 3 different elements have to come together at once so a little more calculating is needed. Will post photos soon. Hows you Cobra doing ?

Oliver

I would not mind duplicating some engine parts for the Huey. I have no experinence in resin stuff whatsoever.

If you send me the parts I'd be more than happy to make some molds (read: keep them) ... :thumbsup:

Hows you Cobra doing ?

Thanks for asking. Let's put it that way, I'm improving (the hard way) my skills on making molds and casting resin!

Maybe, and I say maybe , I'll have something to show you next weekend ...

Tom

I use slow Ca for my brass work and Tamiya thin for plastic work. I apply all Ca work with either a toothpick or the end of the needle. I try not to apply glue all the way to the edges of the part, I mainly stay in the middle . Once the part is positioned on its gluing area a slight pressure on the part with the toothpick will carry the glue all the way to the edge...if it goes over I rapidly wipe off with the end of the toothpick. If its a tricky part to be glued I tape on end down so it stays in place and apply glue on that part. I hope this hepls.

Oliver

Thanks Oliver! :monkeydance:

I'll have to give it a go.

Tom

Oliver,

How much of this is scratch? That exhaust is freaking amazing work... :thumbsup:

mason

Hi Mason

All of it is made from scratch. Still working on brackets and adding some details yo the exhaust that I had missed in my research photos.

Oliver

Heres the latest.

I started from the end instead of the middle. I wanted to make sure I had all the small details done before working on the main brackets. I am going to try to solder the brackets together. Weight is becoming an issue with so much brass. I will have to screw down the firewalls.

Hope you guys like it

Oliver

medevachuey1640.jpg

medevachuey1643.jpg

medevachuey1644.jpg

medevachuey1646.jpg

medevachuey1648.jpg

medevachuey1649.jpg

medevachuey1650.jpg

medevachuey1653.jpg

medevachuey1652.jpg

medevachuey1654.jpg

Can't find proper words not to say some trivial things, but... Well, awesome!!!

The more I follow your thread, the more it amazes me. The pisc show absolutely flawless, crisp and neat details. But they are zoomed at least 3 times and how tiny they must be in flesh! Fantastic job, Oliver! Perfect! Hat off!

Keep your stunning work up!

Alexander.

:whistle:

Hi Mason

All of it is made from scratch. Still working on brackets and adding some details yo the exhaust that I had missed in my research photos.

Oliver

:doh: Sorry, I was wondering if any of the turbine blades were from your PE collection or did you make them. More details on how you made them, if you did.

Freaking amazing work!

mason

Edited by doupnik
:doh: Sorry, I was wondering if any of the turbine blades were from your PE collection or did you make them. More details on how you made them, if you did.

Freaking amazing work!

mason

Hi Mason.

The blades are from the Hind photoetched parts from PARTS. I think it is for the front oil cooler(not 100% sure). The rest is from the Eduard Huey stuff. Glad you like it.

Oliver

Amazing as always... dito on what the other guys said! So are you building it with the Turbine removed I am guessing (based on the FOD plate in exhaust I see)? And are you going to show it next to the Huey since I am sure you could scratchbuild the engine in the time it takes me to glue a part on my CH-46. Awesome work again!

Amazing as always... dito on what the other guys said! So are you building it with the Turbine removed I am guessing (based on the FOD plate in exhaust I see)? And are you going to show it next to the Huey since I am sure you could scratchbuild the engine in the time it takes me to glue a part on my CH-46. Awesome work again!

HI

Yep.

Engine removed next to the Huey on aircraft carrier deck. I am still trying to figure out how to detail the turbine.

Thanks again for the kind words. Hows your CH 46 coming along. any progress.

Oliver