UH-1L ... If I remember it also has a cobra rotor head and main blades, Oliver let me know if you need any more info, John Oaks the owner is a good guy to deal with.

Like I said it lives about an hours drive from my house.

Andrew

You are one lucky guy! I don't suppose they'd give you a flight. I wonder about the Cobra rotor head. True the 540 head and blades were shared by the AH-1G cobra and the UH-1L/C/M Huey, but the Cobra uses SCAS (stability control augmentation system) and doesn't have the transfer bar on top of the rotor. Perhaps parts of the head and blades did come from a cobra though. Thanks again Andrew for contributing those to the DVD.

Ray

UH-1L ... If I remember it also has a cobra rotor head and main blades, Oliver let me know if you need any more info, John Oaks the owner is a good guy to deal with.

I was going to back to Ray's build about the tail skid and the position.

[/quot

Andrew.

I really like that color combo. Dont make a special trip.. Does your friend have a website, maybe morehelo photos on that too. I like the high skids vey much.

This helo color combo is very close to the Ventura sheriff helo we have here in Southern California.

I cant wait to try those color on y test fuselage.

THanks again for the photos, Ray, thanks too.

Oliver

I was going to back to Ray's build about the tail skid and the position.

The UH-1L that Andrew posted is missing the fiberglass cone that covers the end of the tailboom. It is just a cosmetic piece as far as i know and I have seen other Hueys without them. However, that pic gives a good idea of the location of the tail skid attachment and shows why it doesn't come out of the end of the tailboom like most kits show.

Ray

The UH-1L that Andrew posted is missing the fiberglass cone that covers the end of the tailboom. It is just a cosmetic piece as far as i know and I have seen other Hueys without them. However, that pic gives a good idea of the location of the tail skid attachment and shows why it doesn't come out of the end of the tailboom like most kits show.

Ray

Heres the registration data for HUE...

NZ CAA site

you might find that it came from Ventura ... CSI have two Notars one of which I have posted before that was once a police helo

CSI's web site

CSI Helo's

If you PM me I'll give you access to the High rez shots ... or you can buy the DVD from Rotorwash :)

I have built this in 1:35th for John .. need to find the build series

Cheers

Andrew Mac

Hey Guys,

Some clarification here on that BEAUTY of a Huey. ZK-HUE was originally a TH-1L 157834. She somehow changed designations when she became civilized. Probably from "trainer" to "utility".

As far as the 540 rotorhead. Same for both Cobra or Huey. What makes the rotorhead acceptable for either the Stabilization Bar or the SCAS was a change in the long "Control Arm" on each blade grip. DOWN for a Cobra's to attach to the SCAS control tube. UP for the Hueys connecting to the Stab Bar. Probably a part number change on the transportation "can" as this was done at rework. Out of the can, with the control arm installed, they were not interchangable.

Regards

Steve

Hey Guys,

Some clarification here on that BEAUTY of a Huey. ZK-HUE was originally a TH-1L 157834. She somehow changed designations when she became civilized. Probably from "trainer" to "utility".

As far as the 540 rotorhead. Same for both Cobra or Huey. What makes the rotorhead acceptable for either the Stabilization Bar or the SCAS was a change in the long "Control Arm" on each blade grip. DOWN for a Cobra's to attach to the SCAS control tube. UP for the Hueys connecting to the Stab Bar. Probably a part number change on the transportation "can" as this was done at rework. Out of the can, with the control arm installed, they were not interchangable.

Regards

Steve

Hence the colour scheme ...

to civ as N204VC. Ventura County Sheriff, California. preserved at Historical Aviation Memorial Museum, Tyler, Texas ?? maybe someone needs to let helis.com of the location of this helo.

Hi Guys

some drybrushing done before I go to work tonite.

First stage drybrushing only on the green. drybrushing with oils mixinf white and chromate yellow. All I am trying to achieve is to fade the inside of the panels.Next is fadinf the black a little then a final drybrushing allthe over thefuselage to make the rivets and other details to pop out. I also started on th first coat of yellow after painting the whole fuselage Nato black.

Oliver

I thought the yellow Huey looked familiar. I remembered seing it at the Ventura airshows.

004-4.jpg

002-8.jpg

001-11.jpg

003-5.jpg

Edited by shark 64
IMHO the camo scheme looks better than the OD.

Besides that the progress looks great!

Hi Klaus

Hows your cobra build going??? Any update?

THe od green is actually the first few coats of yellow.

Still working on that paint job

OLiver

Edited by shark 64
I don't care what scheme you choose Oliver! they both look fantastic! I love the Green schemes sun weathered look on the upper portions!

Semper Fi

Dan

Thanks Dan,

Working on second coat of yellow and white for the blue . I did a first drybrushing coats on the rivets.

The 80/90's camo is my favorite look of all time. Still havent decided yet.

Oliver

hi

Worked on the second coat of yellow. Also apply white (only one) in preparation of the blue work.

I applied the final oil drybrusing on the camo....please remember the oil drybrushing was done really fast, i was only trying to study color combination.

Oliver

001-12.jpg

002-9.jpg

004-5.jpg

004-6.jpg

008-8.jpg

Edited by shark 64
Oliver, great, so what is the paint sheme you will finally add???

Like always, amazing... wish i had your skills.

Rod.

Hi Rod

I just dont know yet untill I finish the yellow and blue work.

Oliver