Thanks guys for the comments.I wonder sometimes if the Huey is still a build you guys are still interested in????

Working on the hydraulics connections today.

On a other note, I saw the 1/32 Gr7 Harrier and the Skyhawk from Trumpeter in the hobby store today......MMMMmmm!!!!Nice.

Fine scale modeler has an add for the !1/32 Skyraider...is that the trumpeter one?, couldn t see any info.....sorry not really helos but exciting

Oliver

Thanks guys for the comments.I wonder sometimes if the Huey is still a build you guys are still interested in????

Oliver

Always interested in this build.... It is on a very short list of "must read" postings. Another guy on this site posted a similar comment, he is doing an absolutely fantastic F-4E build. The response was that people were running out of words to state how $%^$ good his work was. I think we may have a similar scenario here as well.

Also, I've noted that traffic is way down on ARC over the last week or so. Not sure if folks are busy with the start of summer or what but not many posts on any forums these days.

Keep up the good work and keep posting!

John

Always interested in this build.... It is on a very short list of "must read" postings. Another guy on this site posted a similar comment, he is doing an absolutely fantastic F-4E build. The response was that people were running out of words to state how $%^$ good his work was. I think we may have a similar scenario here as well.

Also, I've noted that traffic is way down on ARC over the last week or so. Not sure if folks are busy with the start of summer or what but not many posts on any forums these days.

Keep up the good work and keep posting!

John

Hi john

Copy that. I did not think of that, It makes perfect sense. Will keep posting

Oliver

I've been following this topic for a while now and just decided to register as member of ARC to let you know that I'm inspired by the amazing work and detail you've been able to do on this Huey!

Back when I was young I made lots and lots of model aircraft, stopped when I was about 19 years old, with still a good 70 boxes with plastic that needed to be built. Now, at the age of 40, I want to pick up on building models again and this topic has been fueling my drive to start making models again up to the point that I've purchased a 1/48 Huey.

Keep on going with supplying us with pictures and stories, it's amazing to see what patience you have in making this model as detailed as possible!

Kind regards

René

Amsterdam, The Netherlands

I've been following this topic for a while now and just decided to register as member of ARC to let you know that I'm inspired by the amazing work and detail you've been able to do on this Huey!

Back when I was young I made lots and lots of model aircraft, stopped when I was about 19 years old, with still a good 70 boxes with plastic that needed to be built. Now, at the age of 40, I want to pick up on building models again and this topic has been fueling my drive to start making models again up to the point that I've purchased a 1/48 Huey.

Keep on going with supplying us with pictures and stories, it's amazing to see what patience you have in making this model as detailed as possible!

Kind regards

René

Amsterdam, The Netherlands

HI Rene

Welcome to ARC. Read your story and its very close to mine as far as getting back into modeling. I was also inspird by another modeler.

No problem I'll keep posting. good luck on your build, please post progress if possible.

Cant have too many Hueys on this site.

OLiver

Oliver, I was just looking at Shep's very nice Mi-4 and I saw your's, I had seen that else where and had no idea it was your's, not that I am surprised at all. Was that your most recent model before the Huey? I had seen it and admired it before and should have guessed it was yours. The Huey is coming along great as always! I am busy with the kids these days but have been chiping away at my rotor blades and I found some photos to make the trolley they rest on, I'll post all that work probably in a few weeks. Hope you are enjoying summertime, Everett

Oliver, I was just looking at Shep's very nice Mi-4 and I saw your's, I had seen that else where and had no idea it was your's, not that I am surprised at all. Was that your most recent model before the Huey? I had seen it and admired it before and should have guessed it was yours. The Huey is coming along great as always! I am busy with the kids these days but have been chiping away at my rotor blades and I found some photos to make the trolley they rest on, I'll post all that work probably in a few weeks. Hope you are enjoying summertime, Everett

Hi Everett

The MI-4 was a big project to say the least. It was a fun build with a lot of ups and downs. Before the Huey it was the Hound.I had started the MI-8 in 1/35 scale. I had planned to do a counter electronic machine. I had done most of the inside consoles scratched and super detailed the cabin area but realized that halfway into the build that it was to close to the Hound build so I stopped and gave it to 11bee (current build on ARC). Glad I did because his helo is stunning.

Standing by on your blades.

Oliver

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Almost 2 weeks without working on the Huey. I was waiting for steel tubing from England.I decided to redo the hydraulics connection out of alu tubing since I did not want to paint the brass rods and tubing silver.

I wanted the whole unit to be one piece and that took some time to achieve. Tubing is not as forgiving as plastic and a lot of dry fitting and recuting was needed. I still have to paint the brass tank yellow. I will also add some white plastic (thin ) wiring once I get the right size. I will wait till the last minute to glue it to the fuselage.

Hope you guys like it.

Oliver

001-31.jpg

004-19.jpg

005-15.jpg

007-16.jpg

011-13.jpg

015-7.jpg

019-4.jpg

Edited by shark 64

My therapist says my recent problems stem from this thread. I have become obsessed with the slow progress of your work and I will not be able to releive my frustrations until you complete and show the finished product. I don't want to hurry you ,but I hope its very soon so my wife will speak to me again and my cats will come near me.

My therapist says my recent problems stem from this thread. I have become obsessed with the slow progress of your work and I will not be able to releive my frustrations until you complete and show the finished product. I don't want to hurry you ,but I hope its very soon so my wife will speak to me again and my cats will come near me.

Hi phantom.

I do not want you to endure any more frustrations.....Rest assure the Huey will be completly done next week end.Can you hang on another week?

Oliver

Edited by shark 64

019-4.jpg

Holy cr@p!! Oliver, you are crazy! Absolutely amazing and stunning plumbing work! Very crisp and neatly done!

Your keen attention to the details and your patience amazes me more and more. But, man! All that lathe turned stuff is at least as twice less as the image show! :woot.gif:

Cheers and happy modeling!

Alexander