Just popped in to see the progress, and just loveing it.

What are you going to do with the model, after winning every modelling award?

Many thanks for taking the time to share :-)

Hi

Thanks for checking in and I am glad you are enjoying it. I am afraid slow progress on Huey lately. I am trying to finish Ray's base first then get back to the Huey.

I am not so sure that I will enter any contest with the Huey. My first thought was just to display it instead. When done showing I guess I will put away in a bin to collect dust....LOL.

Oliver

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Ray's base is finally done and he took possesion of it few days go.

I had finished the first steps of the engine painting and added a raw umber wash and.....disater. The raw umber turned everything an ugly green, I dont quite know why since I had future the engine before the wash....go figure.

Repainting the engine this week end.

Ill post photos tonite.

Oliver

Update

I spent most of the afternoon masking and unmasking small areas on the engine with few painting session in the middle.

I know you may have seen this one painted before so its not really an update or a progress on the build but the engine had to be redone since I messed it up.

There are going to be three layers of build on the engine so I have to make sure every layers is done right.

I repainted the engine cart too.... a little more fading done on it.

One more thing if I may: please watch my TV Show "Revenge"(shameless plug I know)so I can keep working and spend money on the upcoming release of the H34 helo from Trumpeter.

001-51.jpg

011-32.jpg

012-23.jpg

013-18.jpg

014-17.jpg

016-15.jpg

Edited by shark 64

Finished the first half of the engine....Drybrushing, wash and some additional shading and its on to the next step. The engine cart is also done....well, the bottom part at least.

I cant wait to start on the second instalment of the engine.

Oliver

001-52.jpg

003-39.jpg

008-35.jpg

010-34.jpg

015-20.jpg

Edited by shark 64
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like a little bit more of bad luck I am afraid. I dropped my engine on the ground while I was working on the wiring and rolled on it with my modelling chair on top it off, the engine is demolished.....so mad. Please look in your dictionary under Clumsy and you will see my photo.

Another setback .....and another engine started from scratch.

Will post when more is done on it.

Oliver

Ouch!!! Oliver, mate I feel your pain. I felt sick when I spilt lacquer thinner all over the floor of my BK after all I did. To do it again would make a grown man cry.

Maybe you should throw a 1/32 tarp over it? No no no, I know you couldnt do that....just kidding.

Hang in there mate

Cheers

Anthony

Looks like a little bit more of bad luck I am afraid. I dropped my engine on the ground while I was working on the wiring and rolled on it with my modelling chair on top it off, the engine is demolished.....so mad. Please look in your dictionary under Clumsy and you will see my photo.

Another setback .....and another engine started from scratch.

Will post when more is done on it.

Oliver

Sorry to hear that. I've been there more than once.

To crudely paraphrase - "That which does not kill us will make us stronger" if that makes you feel any better. :)

thats true I have made things twice but this one is one I did not want to remake again.

working on the engine today. I also realized that I also have to remake the stand on the engine cart as well since dimensions will be a little diffferent but that should not take too long.

will post soon.

Thanks again for the support.

I took the wheels off my chair BTW.

Oliver

Edited by shark 64

Brand new engine in the making. I am sure getting tired of making things twice but the engine was always gonna my main focus point in the dio (well, I hope).

Oliver

Trying to upload photos but no go

Edited by shark 64

I knew, you are human!

no reason was, yes are a human! But the best in the hobby,

or to see boys who has not suffered the hobby accident?

courage master, this is just a bad luck, nothing you belittle precious work.

Thanks Ernest.

I usually dont give up that easy. Setbacks are part of modelling

Oh, that hurts all the way over here! Well, that's one way to become a world authority on scratchbuilding jet engines! I got a smile from the removal of the offending chair wheels- that's how to remove a problem from the equation for sure. Cheers, Oliver- you'll see it through.

chuk

Oliver I'm really sorry to hear of your mishap. However, as I've said before, I don't think you are really happy with a part for your masterpiece unless you build it three or four times. :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to seeing your new engine.

mason

Oliver I'm really sorry to hear of your mishap. However, as I've said before, I don't think you are really happy with a part for your masterpiece unless you build it three or four times. :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to seeing your new engine.

mason

Mason

You are so right however I never planned to build this one more than once thats for sure.

Still trying to upload photobucket. Nothing happens went I go into the green rectancle to choose my photos from....go figure.

Oliver