That's the ticket! How do you bend the styrene rod stock? Boiling water?

Hi

Not boiling water but hot enough from the sink then right into a glass with a little water and two ice cubes. I may repeat a few times till i get the angle right.

Oliver

• 3 weeks later...

I don't see how much of the last post applies, but O.K. I am not talking about stifling initiative, but if you are building a Huey, it should look like an accurate Huey. If not, say you are building a what-if project. Thats my only point.

Now heres a severe rivit counter!! Now why dont you just let the man enjoy the huey? As u said to each his own!! GREAT work

Hi Everyone.

My computer crashed and I lost everything in it including all Huey photos from the build. For some reason I wasnt able to use my username anymore and logging into the site was no longer possible so I had to register again using another name.

Shark 64 is now Rotorman until I can recover my old ARC username.

The build continues and will post photos soon.

Oliver

Edited by Rotorman

Well, Merry Christmas to you, Oliver! It never rains but it pours, as they say. Best wishes for a recovery- are you going to try having your HD looked at? You may well get it all back. Best of luck!

Thanks Chukw.

Copy on the downpour lately.

Computer was looked at already. I believe a further visit is needed.

Happy Holidays.

MERRY CHRISTMAS Oliver and fellow ARC Members.have a great Christmas and happy holidays. :nanner::banana:

Ok back to your tremendous HUEY build.

I caught up after reading from where I left off and your workmanship is EXEMPLARY.

THE ENGINE looks SUPERB. :smiley-whacky084:

I am completely useless with technical data but I am enjoying this very much, thank you. :thumbsup2:

HOLMES :santa::whistle::santa:

Edited by HOLMES

Hi

Finished the fuel lines. It was a pain you know where to do cause of the curved engine. .I wanted to have everything connected so it took a lot of measuring and remeasuring. The engine is about 95% done.

Heres how it looks today.

Oliver

005-42_zpsd70163b0.jpg

014-19_zps764ee542.jpg

024-9_zps315f9415.jpg

026-4_zpsc7deb217.jpg

Bottom of the engine

028-5_zpsdc9dfe8c.jpg

030-5_zps185768e0.jpg

033-2_zps9b2821f2.jpg

035-1_zps956d33ca.jpg

Edited by Rotorman

Rotor man, you're unreal. That engine detail just blows my mind away! I tried to detail a 1/35 scale UH-60 engine one time and I gave up after awhile because it was just to much,but you make it look so easy. One question- where did you get the brass hex nut fitting from?

Edited by hawkwrench

Rotor man, you're unreal. That engine detail just blows my mind away! I tried to detail a 1/35 scale UH-60 engine one time and I gave up after awhile because it was just to much,but you make it look so easy. One question- where did you get the brass hex nut fitting from?

Hi

I agree with u detailing an engine is not easy.....not sure about making it easy since it is a challenge for me so far.

An UH-60 engine would be fun to give it a try.

The hex brass is from Walthers but it can be done with styrene too.

Glad to hear u like the detailing.

Oliver

Hi Oliver,

Firstly, Happy New Year to you. And may 2013 bring you more TV projects and more fun and fans. ;) As for your current (and seems to be never ending) project, I'm not sure this year you are to set as a dead line so that to finally finish your absolutely fabulous Huey build.

I follow your build with much attention and I'm very impressed with your top notch craftsmanship and great patience.

You didn't give up after the engine crashed and you had to start the new one from the scratch. It's amazing!

The new one turned out to be a scaled down real thing. You are kicking your bar higher and higher and it seems just a few inches left you to reach perfection.

Bravo!

:cheers: and Happy modeling in 2013!

Alexander

Hi Oliver,

Firstly, Happy New Year to you. And may 2013 bring you more TV projects and more fun and fans. ;)/> As for your current (and seems to be never ending) project, I'm not sure this year you are to set as a dead line so that to finally finish your absolutely fabulous Huey build.

I follow your build with much attention and I'm very impressed with your top notch craftsmanship and great patience.

You didn't give up after the engine crashed and you had to start the new one from the scratch. It's amazing!

The new one turned out to be a scaled down real thing. You are kicking your bar higher and higher and it seems just a few inches left you to reach perfection.

Bravo!

:cheers:/> and Happy modeling in 2013!

Alexander

Hi Alex.

Happy New Year my friend and to all ARC rotorheads.

I agree with u it appears to be the never ending huey build. The engine in my mind was always going to be one of the main focus point of the dio, believe me i did not plan to make another one at all.

Once thats done all is left is finishing the main rotor(almost done anyway) and finishing sanding the fuselage and paint.

I believe the Huey will be done in 2013.

In any case I am glad u like it.

Hows your build ging?

Oliver

Hi Oliver,

I'm really stunned with your latest updates. The engine looks absolutely smashing!

But...may I ask if you are planning to replicate it in resin? :whistle:

I think many Huey fans would be happy to have that little masterpiece in person being resin cast.

Or your cunning plan was to leave it in a single examplar,giving no chance to us, simple mortals, to have the copies on our benches?? :tumble: If so, at least send us bibs to drool over your thread!! :D

As for my build, I think it's nearly never-ending too. I'm still up to my mopless top with my home remodeling. I still hope to complete it this year and then to put my hands on my Kiowa again.

Happy modeling!

Alexander

Hi Oliver,

I'm really stunned with your latest updates. The engine looks absolutely smashing!

But...may I ask if you are planning to replicate it in resin? :whistle:/>

I think many Huey fans would be happy to have that little masterpiece in person being resin cast.

Or your cunning plan was to leave it in a single examplar,giving no chance to us, simple mortals, to have the copies on our benches?? :tumble:/> If so, at least send us bibs to drool over your thread!! :D/>

As for my build, I think it's nearly never-ending too. I'm still up to my mopless top with my home remodeling. I still hope to complete it this year and then to put my hands on my Kiowa again.

Happy modeling!

Alexander

I'm with Alexander on this Oliver. Even without a Huey model I'd LOVE to have that engine sitting on my mantle!!! :cheers:

Cheers

Keith