Hi

Havent had time to sit down and work on the Huey till this morning so small update.

Started puttying the bottom windows to get rid of gaps. Finished and weathered both scalfoldings. Cleaned and primed the exhaust cover and added latches.

Oliver

001_zpse959a95b.jpg

008_zpsf1aa3ea8.jpg

009_zpsb4a0160b.jpg

006_zps6a4b7bf8.jpg

010_zps398fff75.jpg

Edited by Rotorman

I love the scaffold! I do find however that most of them are kept relatively free of rust. It wouldn't do to have that stuff getting inside a bird you were working on!

Ray

Here is a bunch of scaffolds from Vietnam and although you can tell there is grime on them, there is no evidence of rust that I can see. In fact it looks as if they have been touched up quite a bit with different shades of paint.

PickardVietnamBox3set3July1969toseptemeber196920small_zps1e2b4d25.jpg

Edited by rotorwash

I love the scaffold! I do find however that most of them are kept relatively free of rust. It wouldn't do to have that stuff getting inside a bird you were working on!

Ray

Here is a bunch of scaffolds from Vietnam and although you can tell there is grime on them, there is no evidence of rust that I can see. In fact it looks as if they have been touched up quite a bit with different shades of paint.

PickardVietnamBox3set3July1969toseptemeber196920small_zps1e2b4d25.jpg

Ray

Great photos. Its not rust its scratches. It will be covered a bit more once I do a little coat of desert sand over the whole dio once every thing is done.

Ray

Great photos. Its not rust its scratches. It will be covered a bit more once I do a little coat of desert sand over the whole dio once every thing is done.

In that case, carry on sir and ignore the peanut gallery!

Ray

In that case, carry on sir and ignore the peanut gallery!

Ray

\

Ray,

I value your opinion greatly when it comes to Hueys. I could not have done this much work on the Huey without your amazing research photos. I am greatful for your help.

Oliver

Hi Oliver,

Very nice progress on all those things. Very sooner you finally will have the Huey done.

I'm drooling in anticipation to see the Huey and the dio in all their glory. ;)

Cheers and happy modeling!

Alexander

\

Ray,

I value your opinion greatly when it comes to Hueys. I could not have done this much work on the Huey without your amazing research photos. I am greatful for your help.

Oliver

No worries. I should have known you were only on your 3rd or 4th coat of paint and nowhere near finished!

Ray

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

scaffoldings are all done. I added some silver metal chipping and three small signs hanging from the chains to add a little life to them.

fighting with the right bottom window/ frame gap right now(flaw in the kit).

I am so close to being done I could taste it.

thanks for the kind words and happy to hear u enjoyed the posts Kike.

photobucked is full again.

I am looking for crashed planes photos on aircraft carriers tangled in stopping barricades...if anyone's got any photos.

thanks

oliver

• 2 weeks later...

Computer is fried for good...no repair possible.

Huey is primed and ready for first coat of paint but I cant decide on final paintjob....ray sent me some amazing photos but cant pick the color combo.

until I decide (hopefully this weekend) I started building a crate for huey blades..may not use it in dio. I will post photos when its all done.

oliver

Edited by Rotorman

Great update! since you are close to the painting step, wouldn't be too much to ask to take some step-by-step (kinda), set of pics?? I mean, I'd really like to see how you do your magic, since I'm far behind on my painting technique and I'd love to improve it, and I can't think about learning from anybody else, no offense to others but, guys let's face it, what Oliver does is worth a try, even a bad one!

Great update! since you are close to the painting step, wouldn't be too much to ask to take some step-by-step (kinda), set of pics?? I mean, I'd really like to see how you do your magic, since I'm far behind on my painting technique and I'd love to improve it, and I can't think about learning from anybody else, no offense to others but, guys let's face it, what Oliver does is worth a try, even a bad one!

Huh...kind of speechless reading from what u wrote...thanks.

I cant post any photos cause no more laptop. Rays has been very helful in posting few photos for me here and there.

the best I can do is write down the process of my painting without photos to back it up...

I plan to paint this weekend.

thanks again for the kind words and I will do my best to help u in any way I can with the painting process.

oliver

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Ray had posted photos of update but since ARC got hacked some of the photos got lost.

Anyway here are few photos of the finished crate.

Huey is almost done, I will post photos very soon of the first steps of the painting job.

Oliver

021_zps7f57391b.jpg

026_zps6eb68a5e.jpg

028_zps7774e11a.jpg

Beautiful work Oliver. :worship:

mason