• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys.

Suffered so many setbacks in the last few weeks with the Huey. Anyway I have redone and repainted the seats. I just installed the seats belts this morning. The hoist is also being redone and it should be done sometimes next week. Hopefully if all goes well next will be the Avionics bay.

Here are a few photos.

Oliver

medevachuey586.jpg

medevachuey608.jpg

medevachuey616.jpg

medevachuey612.jpg

medevachuey606.jpg

I am going to go down to my desk in the basement and melt down everything I have in the stash................don't know if there is a point in trying to make them after seeing this! This is nice nice nice Oliver.

Brandon

I am going to go down to my desk in the basement and melt down everything I have in the stash................don't know if there is a point in trying to make them after seeing this! This is nice nice nice Oliver.

Brandon

Oh No. Dont melt anything. LOL.

Hi Brandon. I am glad you like it. It seems that I was stuck in the cockpit myself.....I felt like melting it too. Thanks for the kind comments.

Oliver

Wow! Close, closer... the closiest close-ups! :D

Very nice progress by far! The interior looks really smashing!

But... how about armour sheets from outer side of the seats, did I missed something? ;)

Cheers!

Alexander.

:cheers:

Wow! Close, closer... the closiest close-ups! :)

Very nice progress by far! The interior looks really smashing!

But... how about armour sheets from outer side of the seats, did I missed something? ;)

Cheers!

Alexander.

:whistle:

Hi Alex.

Thnaks,

The armor plates will be installed next. I have to add some details to the seat and the plates would be in the way.

Oliver

Hey Oliver,

I like the remodel!

Seats and belts look terrific.

I can never get my seatbelt stitching too stand out as well as yours does.

Very impressive as usual.

Pete

Hi Pete.

Thanks for that. I like the remodel much better too.

As far as the stitching goes. Once the seatbelts are painted. A black wash(OIL) on the stitching.....let the wash dry really well then wipe the excess wash with turpenoid. You may want to do several application of the wash if needed. Do a light dry-brushing of the original seat color over the stiching to bring back the seat color.

Oliver

Hi oliver

A nice shade on every single item. great !

Your top modeling skills have a master : your paint skills

Norbert

Hi Norbert

Thanks so much. I struggled a little with the seats. I was trying to do 2 things at once...should have known that it doesnt't work for me.

Oliver

first photos of the hoist. I still have to paint it and attach the arm to the frame. The hoist was a combination of Dragon photo etched and Fireball resin. I added few stuff here and there......not quite happy with it yet.

medevachuey625.jpg

medevachuey621.jpg

medevachuey622.jpg

medevachuey623.jpg

Edited by shark 64
I can only but echo what everyone else has said...........................stunning!!!!!!

This build thread is a real pleasure to follow.

Cheers and thanks

Anthony

Thanks so much Anthony. As you have said before. its the guys on the forum that really inspire us.

Oliver

Oliver

That hoist is awesome! I had one question though. With its size, can it swivel past that stretcher post without hitting it? Might be the angle of the photo though.

Brandon

Hi Brandon.

The hoist and the brass arm are from the Dragon Huey "D" model in 1/35 scale. The resin arm is 1/32 scale. I agree it does look big. Its not painted or glued yet i/e the angle. still working on it , I may change it.......Good eyes.

I agree it would not swivel past the stretchers. it just for looks.

OLiver

Edited by shark 64
Hi Brandon.

The hoist and the brass arm are from the Dragon Huey "D" model in 1/35 scale. The resin arm is 1/32 scale. I agree it does look big. Its not painted or glued yet i/e the angle. still working on it , I may change it.......Good eyes.

I agree it would not swivel past the stretchers. it just for looks.

OLiver

Okay. I didn't care, personally, if it cleared the stretcher or not, I was just wondering. It looks fantastic either way. Looking forward more updates.

Keep up the good and exceptionally detailed work,

Brandon