Never meant to imply that it was TOO busy, just that Hueys have a habit of looking rather bare when both doors are opened and you can see straight through. No chance of that here!

Ray

Hi Ray.

you are right. I will take a look at the fuselage together this weekend to see how it looks

You can be busy without destructive, Shark - ask a painter - the key to a successfully done busy painting, is Flow. If it directs the eye, and moves well, then it's not a problem. That's the difference between Busy, and Cluttered.

You can be busy without destructive, Shark - ask a painter - the key to a successfully done busy painting, is Flow. If it directs the eye, and moves well, then it's not a problem. That's the difference between Busy, and Cluttered.

Hi

Well said. No that I look at the interior I should have positioned the red seat facing towards the back.

Oliver

Oliver,

Fine work with the construction, texture, and weathering on this project. I especially like all of the deatils, and the hoist. Everything looks so real! I look forward to the next update.

David

Hi David.

I sure appreciate your comments.

new update in a little while. I have to start on the avionics bay.

Thanks again

Oliver

Hi Guys,

Here are the preliminary photos of the avionics bay on the Huey. Once again it wont be 100% accurate but somewhat close to it. I can tell from the first photos I took that the main shelve component is longer than expected....I will be redoing that next. Its getting tricky to handle since the main cabin is loose.

Oliver

medevachuey675.jpg

medevachuey678.jpg

medevachuey676.jpg

medevachuey680.jpg

medevachuey681.jpg

Personally, I'm loving the details on this, Oliver. Accuracy be damned, the sheer visual level of detail is just damn stunning. I'm seriously looking forward to when she's all done up and all laid out, because she just looks Awesome.

Personally, I'm loving the details on this, Oliver. Accuracy be damned, the sheer visual level of detail is just damn stunning. I'm seriously looking forward to when she's all done up and all laid out, because she just looks Awesome.

Hi Thanks.

To put things in perspective.....heres whats left to do in terms of scratchbuilding.

Avionics bay

Transmission/ fuel tank/ cowlings

tail rotor shaft assembly( Thats still a maybe)

Turbine engine

In short maybe 6-10 months to go. I forgot....all of that will be on an aircraft carrier.

Oliver

Edited by shark 64
I am impressed! Your detailing is incredible. Whoa, even the cockpit fire extinguisher. Hey, if you can put a real, tiny, engine I swear we could shrink ourselves and take her for a spin around the pattern. Wop-Wop-Wop.

Hi John.

I really appreciate the kind words on the Huey. It has been fun so far. I am looking forward to making my first turbine engine from scratch.

Oliver

I forgot....all of that will be on an aircraft carrier.

Oliver

First, the avionics bay is sure to impress, just like the rest of the bird.

Second....all of what will be on an aircraft carrier. The work being done will be at sea, as in you will be at sea. OR there will be a dio with the helo on a carrier deck? I may have missed a news flash somewhere along the line (haven't looked here in a day or so).

Looking good. That avionics bay is packed so you can go crazy in there.

Ray

I cant locate the photo you sent me of the avionics. I thought I had printed it. If you have a second can you resend one ?

Do you also have a photo without the components...just the frame.

Thanks

OLiver

Edited by shark 64
I cant locate the photo you sent me of the avionics. I thought I had printed it. If you have a second can you resend one ?

Do you also have a photo without the components...just the frame.

Thanks

OLiver

Oliver,

Got your six, my friend. The first set is a Huey carcass at Rucker, the second is the UH-1B on display at the Museum, the third is the UH-1M drone at White Sands Missile Range, and the fourth is the Army Aviation Heritage Foundation UH-1H (operational bird). Hope these help.

Ray

PS: Angie says "Hello"

UH-1B%20carcass%20(2).JPG

UH-1B%20carcass%20(1).JPG

UH-1B%2060-3554%20nose%20(25).JPG

UH-1M%2066-0524%20compartments%20(3).JPG

PICT1880.JPG

PICT1848.JPG

Edited by rotorwash

Hi

first photos of the avionics bay. Thanks again to Ray for his ref. photos.

Not yet crazy about this. Very little room for wiring. I might scale it down a bit.

Ive come to realize that i redo things a lot.

Oliver

medevachuey682.jpg

medevachuey688.jpg

medevachuey685.jpg

Hi.

sorry I should have been clearer in my explanation. The Huey will be on a aircraft carrier as a diorama.

Oliver

Ah, no worries. The post from Saug above mine just confused me.

Do your fingers have little laser etcher's on them, cause those details on those avionics boxes are tiny! Looks really good to me, even if you think the "flow" isn't there. I also think you are making pretty good progress, much better than I am managing on anything lately. Keep it up!

Brandon

Ah, no worries. The post from Saug above mine just confused me.

Do your fingers have little laser etcher's on them, cause those details on those avionics boxes are tiny! Looks really good to me, even if you think the "flow" isn't there. I also think you are making pretty good progress, much better than I am managing on anything lately. Keep it up!

Brandon

Hi Brandon.

Thanks so much. Im glad you like the avionics....I have noticed that Im getting way to critical lately. I am trying to challenge my comfort zone......I see it my head but the results are not always what I envisioned. I can relate to your last statement. Ill just keep pushing.

Oliver