1:32 F-16 Question...

I've got the Tamiya Thunderbirds kit, and i'm looking to do a belgium F-16A. I've already sourced the different fin. But my question is regarding the cockpit, obviously there is asome large differences between the A and C pits. Would any resin 'A' cockpit for the Hasegawa kit fit the Tamiya offering?

(and is there anything else i've missed?)

Cheers

Mat

I've got the Tamiya Thunderbirds kit, and i'm looking to do a belgium F-16A. I've already sourced the different fin. But my question is regarding the cockpit, obviously there is asome large differences between the A and C pits. Would any resin 'A' cockpit for the Hasegawa kit fit the Tamiya offering?

(and is there anything else i've missed?)

Cheers

Mat

Yes, you can make the BB cockpit for the Hasegawa kit fit to do an A. I played around with it a little and its not really a bad fit at all. THe BB pit also fits in the Academy kit quite nicely, and the Aires cockpit for the Academy kit fits the Tamiya kit like it was made for it, so they ar all fairly close in dimensions.

If you look in the "in progress builds" forum and find the 1/32 F-16XL build, you will see that Terry has used the BB cockpit in it, and the cockpit opening in the CE kit is based on th Tamiya kit, and it looks like it was made for it. The only thing that I would recommend, if you want the best accuracy you can get, is to use Tamiya IP glare shield and mod the kits or BB's IP to fit. The glare shield in the BB cockpit is too large and off a bit in shape, though Terry's build shows that it doesn't look bad when installed.

it depends what belgian A you're doing. Any early A model or a newer MLU? THe MLU's have "almost" the same cockpit as the C.

It's an early 'A' model. It's eventually going to be 23 Sqn's 40th anniversary colour scheme.

Belgian are among the most difficoult F-16 to model due to their unique RWR sensors. Double check your references for antennas under the nose on Belgian F-16.

By the way you major challange will be to adapt a short, parachute tail in the space left by the long C tail.

On the top of the fuselage you will need to add putty to a large area and rescribe many panel lines around the new tail since those had different shape in A models.