Solar galleon-kitbash+scratchbuilt

Hello ARC'ers!

This is my second kitbash+scratchbuilt project and a first In-progress builg. First (mostly scratchbuild) was a BOLO tank which photos are posted on this forum. As I wrote, now I'm building something close to "RLS Legacy" from "Treasure Planet".

http://www.in70mm.com/news/2002/treasure_p...ages/legacy.jpg

I know that it wouldn't be the same as original "Legacy" but anyway... :monkeydance: To made a hull I used a old hull from "Nina" by Heller and some parts from old models....and of course plastic sheets. Here is it

so far:

A hull:

legacy11.jpg

aft superstructure

legacy12.jpg

A few details like bottom hatch...

cd4-2.jpg

...gravity generator etc...

cd2-3.jpg

...steering wheel and stairs:

cd3-2.jpg

Comments, critique and suggestions are welcome and encouraged. Thanks for looking...and sorry for my english :monkeydance:

artoor_k,

I love what you've done so far. I esepcially like the turret housing in the stern. It blends the old saling ship/sci-fi elements nicely. I also plan to tackle such a project one day with a cheap Lindberg sailing ship. I plan to have massive lift generators in the ventral hull, fusion reactor housing bulge, partticle beam canon all on a wooden ship with canvas sails.

scifi58 thanks for your comment. Yor project seems interesting :unsure: I'd like to see it here on ARC :yahoo:

Anyway, nothing interesting with the galeon now...Puttying,sanding,puttying,sanding...

Edited by artoor_k

Hello!

Here is a small update...I've added some details on aft superstructure: windows and a picture. On RLS Legacy from film there was a picture of some planets.I couldn't find a good one so I chose a sundown from one of the newspapers. I know, the internet is full of matching pictures of planets but my printer broke down two days ago.

P7220088.jpg

Hello ARC'ers!

Here is the outcome of two days. I've made a bowsprit , masts and added more details on aft superstructure. Masts are made of bike spokes -_- Rear mast is not straight , I know about that but I correct it during rigging.

cd1-3.jpg

cd2-4.jpg

cd4-3.jpg

cd-4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

Here is next update. I build a launch...

szalupa.jpg

...and started working with base. Here is a fragment of Crescentia spaceport :D

port.jpg

port4.jpg

port2.jpg

For now galleon construction is finished:

804.jpg

Yesterday I draw sails on the piece of thin plastic sheet. Now I must find a time to paint them and to paint a galleon :jaw-dropping: See you on next update :jaw-dropping:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello!

Well it was a long time but galleon is almost finished:

986.jpg

982.jpg

983.jpg

984.jpg

During weekend I'm going to drybrush it and add some wash.A paint corretion is also needed.Anyway,I'm not so happy with presence of my model but maybe it will change after final touches...