F-101B Voodoo Aftermarket Afterburners

all three have been joined together and the detail has been sanded off. Still have a lot of filling, sanding and shaping to do as well as rescribe. Fortunately, the entire project can be finished without the afterburners. Now that I know there may be a set available by the end of the year, work may procede.

That sucks, I had a few Ideas that might of helped if you did not already try them.

I take the nipples off the 2 half parts. So I can get a better seam line. I have not had a set yet that needed reshaping to get right, so never had to use hot water etc. to form their shape.

Also I take the lip off the back of the two sections, so I can sand both mating surfaces of the parts to get a perfect seam where the back part meats. If needed I sand the back sections out side edge to be flush with the 2 half part.

When I have it the way I want it. I then take my .005 pen, and mark a reference line across the join line, to make sure when I glue the back section on. I put it exactly how I fitted the part.

• 4 months later...
Anyone have any new developements with aftermarket cans? I've actually picked up 2 more kits (RF-101 and another F-101C) with great anticipation.

Ours will be finished by mid January. I will have them on the website then.

Cheers

Mike

C & h Aero make some conversion sets. Do they include cans in their sets?

C&Hs have afterburners for A and C models in their kits. Koster does/did have separate cans, as well. Think the latter were available from Greatmodels.

I think the ones I used here are the Koster set; thought they looked/fit a little better. The fit was not too tight, but they look okay.

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal5..._Salerno/07.jpg

Agree we could use some B model afterburners and maybe some better fitting A/C models (though the market may not be there.).

Edited by Chorse6

Mike,

glad to hear you still have the burner cans on the horizon, I will need at least 3 sets just for my current stash. May even get an extra set just for the cause. Anyways, I'm sure your release will be well received.

Ron

Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WANT A SET!!! I want them now!!!

In all honesty I am shooting for early february. We have a tone of new releases for January and while I fill those orders, I will be building up the F-101 can stock. We are doing other F-101 stuff as well but I wil divulge that later as we are early in the mastering process.

Cheers

Mike

Hey Guys,

I readed the posts here and i have a question: wich aftermarket afterburners shoud i use in my F101 Voodoo byb Revell/Monogram kit number:85-5853 reissue from Revell - see pic bellow:

855853.jpg

C&H nozzles are correct once they are to RF101C and RF101 G/H conversion sets? Who have the correct afterbunner that can help me? By the way the paint job of this one is wonderful:

dsc0503.jpg

Geedog, where do you will catch yours?

Thanks a lot guys,

Marcelo :woot.gif:

• 4 months later...
Any updates on the resin Voodoo burner cans? I too am in need of a set for my Monogram Voodoo...

Thanks!

-Derek

Derek

The F-101B cans are about 80 percent done as are the intakes we are doing. August is the projected release timeframe.

Cheers

Mike

Derek

The F-101B cans are about 80 percent done as are the intakes we are doing. August is the projected release timeframe.

Cheers

Mike

Thanks for the update Mike! I'm sure looking forward to them.

-Derek