Fokker Dr-I... flown by "Josef Jacobs"

Here's a preview of my build. Orlik is a cardmodel publishing house out of Poland. Posting photos of the cover, plus part of the parts sheet... and the added laser frames and ribs that is bought as an extra. Saves time and aggravation ..... Decided on this kit instead of the Curtiss N-9H I was thinking of, because I wanted something that I might be able to actually finish in time.

dr-I001.jpg

dr-I004.jpg

dr-I007.jpg

WOW always wondered what these things looked like, interesting will watch this one keenly.

Thanks you both for the interest.. Will be slow going in the beginning, because I'm trying to finish up one I got as freebie for a build marathon on the card forum I'm in that ends this month. Too far along to enter here, but here's a few photos of part of the build.. "Albatros CX-II"..

sun53002.jpg

sun51001.jpg

sun51003.jpg

I like starting with little sub-assemblies first to kind of get myself into the feel of the build... Wanted to make up the engine, but realize I should do the cowling first in case I have to trim the cylinders. Here's showing the parts and the steps..

Parts...

dr-Ia004.jpg

Edge gluing the sections.. tedious, but I get a cleaner look then I would've gotten if I had used tabs all the way around..

cowling1.jpg

Finished... coated the inside of the parts with a thinned down white glue mix to seal it all together.. when dry I painted the inside with flat aluminum enamel. Later on when I have more assemblies ready, I'll be giving this a few spray coats of Future for more of a semi gloss look.

cowling.jpg

Hello Peter Crow...

WELCOME to the FORUM and hopeyou enjoy it as muc as I do..

AND.... you know how to pull ourheart strings..this is just AWESOME start and look forward tos eeing more of your DR 1.

Looking amazing already too..

WOW!!!

HOLMES :thumbsup:

Peter :) Speechless... end joining paper cards... I am not looking forward to doing that with plastic cards to reprofile my Nieuport nose...

I will be watching your every step with this Dr. 1.

Giles

Hello Peter Crow...

WELCOME to the FORUM and hopeyou enjoy it as muc as I do..

AND.... you know how to pull ourheart strings..this is just AWESOME start and look forward tos eeing more of your DR 1.

Looking amazing already too..

WOW!!!

HOLMES

Thank you all for the welcome, and the compliments.. Really ups the motivational part of any project.

Peter,

Excellent build.I tip my hat to you guys building those beautiful card models.Caught some of your other card models at WWI modeling page,Great stuff my friend.

Regards,

Gregory Jouette

Thank you Gregory...

Just a small update. Have built up the engine block... tail plane.. rudder.

dr-Ia016.jpg

DSC04277.jpg

DSC04276.jpg

Finished pieces..

dria003.jpg

Hello Peter,

each time I look at this thread, it just grows on ME more and

more... Love the detailed work on the engine and the rudder...

Such patience and dedication !

Keep up the beautiful work...Just AMAZING !!

HOLMES :blink:

A card model?

Hats off to you Peter. Simply amazing stuff.

We get card model ship builders at the annual show here and the detail and work is a wonder to see.

:thumbsup:

MikeJ

Hey Peter,

Any more updates and pics of your progress. on this sweet little number...Please,

Vielen dank

HOLMES ;)

Updates are slow coming, because most of the effort is going into finishing the Alb CX.. Have made up and added the cylinders to the block.

DSC04322.jpg

Small update...

Cut out the parts for the elevators...

new1002.jpg

Started on the cockpit assembly. As I wanted more of a 3-d effect on the inner framing, I'm using some plastic rod painted aluminum.

Parts for the cockpit...

newyb002.jpg

Adding the framing..

DSC04367.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello Peter,

The elevators are SUPERB as is the cockpit detailing...Keep at it..Still following this with enthusiasm and great delight..

You are doing so well with this Fokker... :yahoo:

WE're with you.. :woot.gif:

HOLMES :salute:

Edited by HOLMES