IPMS Canada Ale & Tale Gathering at the Nats!

IPMS Canada Ale & Tale Gathering at the Nats!

Friday, 21 August 2009!

Back in the good old days, members of the IPMS Canada National Executive used to hold an event that capped off the final night of the IPMS/USA National Convention the Royal Canadian Beer Blast. For non-Canadians reading this, it is the way of our people to find a way to celebrate good fellowship in this fashion. Some RCBB memories are not quite fit for publication, but the laughs, good times, and male bonding rituals were great.

For the 2009 Nats in Columbus were declaring a Ale & Tale get-together for as many IPMS Canada members as we can reach out to, to gather and meet at the Hyatt convention hotel bar (named the Big Bar) on Friday, 21 August, at 4:30 p.m.

This start time, not coincidentally, lines up with the 4 to 7 p.m. Happy Hour at the Big Bar. See the Hyatt hotel website for details it will fill two critical support needs: cheap munchies and cheap beer. Well have a couple of signs out to mark our location and we invite all IPMS Canada members (and friends of the regiment) to join us for a drink and a nosh.

And just to keep his blood pressure safe, the Treasurer wanted to make sure that everybody knows that it's 'pay your own way' at this event.

Gentlemen, this is a win-win scenario.

Best case, its a get together with some of the National Executive, aftermarket producers, big name modellers, perhaps even a few of the Greats and Near-Greats, meeting up with members, that we know of so far, who are coming from Ottawa, Toronto, London, Winnipeg, Edmonton, the USA, and elsewhere.

Worst case, theres a few of us sitting in a comfy pub, talking about models for a couple of hours, eating and drinking on the cheap.

Either way, were seeing it as time well spent. Hope to see you there!

Cheers,

Steve Sauvé

National Executive

IPMS Canada

www.ipmscanada.com

http://columbusregency.hyatt.com/hyatt/hot...unges/index.jsp

Big Bar

Daily Specials are available Monday through Friday from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM. They include half-priced appetizers and $2 domestic drafts.

Hey Steve you bringing some real beer to the party or do we have to drink the american stuff

yves

Since the official Ale & Tale night is taking place in the bar at the hotel, I think that any Canadian beer will have to remain in our hotel rooms. Still, at half-price, you probably can't go wrong with American stuff!

Steve

Hi Steve,

Sounds like a fine idea. Should I bring a Hawaiian shirt? I seem to recall something to that effect from post discussions. :lol:

Brent

Central Alberta Wagontrain Expedition Co-chairman

"Ohio or bust"

What if you aren't Canadian?? :worship:

Mike

I will let Steve fill you in at the show but there is a special initiation ceremony involving a beaver and some maple syrup that you will have to go through to become a honorary Canadian :coolio:

Mike

I will let Steve fill you in at the show but there is a special initiation ceremony involving a beaver and some maple syrup that you will have to go through to become a honorary Canadian ^_^

Sounds exciting!! I am in! :)

Hi Steve,

Sounds like a fine idea. Should I bring a Hawaiian shirt? I seem to recall something to that effect from post discussions. ^_^

Brent

Central Alberta Wagontrain Expedition Co-chairman

"Ohio or bust"

Hi Brent,

Dress code for the event should be considered as casual or as formal as you want. However, I believe that Hawaiian shirts are traditionally worn by some for the awards banquet. I am one of those people, as are several others from the Ottawa crowd.

See you soon!

Steve

What if you aren't Canadian?? :)

Mike,

We're aiming to gather as many IPMS Canada members as we can for the event, regardless of where they call home.

However, if you're not an IPMS Canada member, we're certainly not going to turn you away, but there may be application forms tucked into the beer menu.... ^_^

Mike,

We're aiming to gather as many IPMS Canada members as we can for the event, regardless of where they call home.

However, if you're not an IPMS Canada member, we're certainly not going to turn you away, but there may be application forms tucked into the beer menu.... ^_^

Hey Steve hopefully the king of the nylon vomit is coming MR Bailey himself

Mike,

Hey I am a member of IPMS UK does that count?? Oh and if you let me in, maybe I will provide some "raffle" items for you guys!! :)

Hey I am a member of IPMS UK does that count?? Oh and if you let me in, maybe I will provide some "raffle" items for you guys!! :soapbox:

No problem Mike; I'm sure we'll welcome you in with open arms.