Here's the Monogram F-4J converted to an S with the upcoming Steel Beach set. I've become very fond of the Monogram F-4J. I think it looks as good as the Hasegawa kit when finished. If anybody wants to get rid of their Monogram F-4J kits, just PM me! :monkeydance:

charg5.JPG

charg6.JPG

charg7.JPG

charg8.JPG

That looks great, Darren!

The only thing I don't like about the Monogram kit is the way the cockpit fits. You have to glue it to one of the fuselage halves, and I always end up with a big gap where it meets the other side... :lol:

Nice work Darren!

Another awesome F-4!

Is the Monogram kit raised or recessed? I can't quite tell.

mason

The Monogram kit features raised panel lines, a USAF cockpit, better detailed and beefier landing gear than the Hasegawa kit, and a cheaper price! :lol:

Thanks for all the kinds words. Hopefully the J and S update sets will help out your Monogram kits. I'm glad it's not just me that thinks the Monogram kit captures the "Phantomness" (I love that word!) of the real thing. I thought maybe I was kind of weird in thinking that. At least there are others that are weird, too! ^_^

Darren

That is a sweet Phantom even more so it is the Monogram kit :rofl: :) :thumbsup:.

I made my S version using the ESCI version which was a pile of work. I have also built two Monogram ones but only have one survivor. Even though I have a slew of the Hasegawa kits, I kept a couple of the Monogram kits. I think they are underrated and cheap compared to their Japanese brothers.

I wonder if anyone has ever done a side by side comparison of the Monogram and Hasegawa Phantoms. That should prove interesting.

Edited by skyhawk174
Thanks for all the kinds words. Hopefully the J and S update sets will help out your Monogram kits. I'm glad it's not just me that thinks the Monogram kit captures the "Phantomness" (I love that word!) of the real thing. I thought maybe I was kind of weird in thinking that. At least there are others that are weird, too! :lol:

:wierdo:

lol....always wanted to use that emoticon.....lol

your clean builds are :jaw-dropping:

:whistle: